MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never even shot one--and I bought two of them this past weekend!

Let me explain. I bought a brand new M&P40 on Friday. When I got it home, I could not get the frame tool to turn--at least not without pliers. I took it back to the store on Sat. and they gave me full credit toward a new gun. So I got the M&P45 instead.

On Friday I had a really tough time deciding between the two guns, so I guess when I had a problem with the .40, I saw it as a "sign" to get the .45. I'm hoping to get to shoot it soon.

Kinda silly, huh?

I've been shooting off and on for over 20 years, mostly handguns. I've owned a Taurus PT-99, a S&W 1066, Glock 22, Glock 23, Kel-Tec P11, HK USP45, Browning Buckmark, 2 or 3 1911's, some DA revolvers, and a bunch of SA revolvers (did the cowboy action thing for awhile). My most recent handgun was a Beretta 92FS.

I know I'm gonna like the M&P. Can't wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just for a note, the Frame tool is always hard to turn at first. The plastic nubs wear in after the second or third use.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, my frame tool was hard to turn at first. You don't really want it to be too easy. Now it's just right...

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This went way beyond "difficult". It literally took a pair of pliers to turn it. The store's gunsmith agreed that something was wrong and they took it back no questions.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome to the site...that is exactly how mine was the first few times. I had to take a pair of pliers and a cloth to twist it out and I thought something was definatly wrong but like they have said it does loosen up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts