MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally picked it up last night. I ordered it From Steve at SCP firearms and the transaction could not have gone better. He is very respected over on Sigforum. I got it for $475 shipped $15 transfer fee.

I cleaned it and lubed it and am very impressed with the fit and feel of it.

Today I went to the range and fired pretty much everything that I happend to have in the range bag. Here's a rundown of what I shot.

In order:

100 115gr Magtech

100 115gr. WWB

10 115gr. Hornady XTP

10 124gr. Hornady XTP

10 147gr. Hornady XTP

10 124gr.+p Black Hills XTP

50 124 gr. Speer Gold Dot

50 115gr. Blaser Aluminum

50 115gr. Fiocchi

50 115gr. Sellier & Bellot

It was a long range session but even firing 440 rounds it still felt comfortable. The only thing that hurts are my fingers from loading the mags.

Every shot went bang, but I did have a few problems.

*When I was firing the first 10 Gold dots I started to have some FTF. I field stripped the gun and relubed it and the rest fed fine.

*When firing the Sellier & bellot; on 1 mag the slide locked back with one round still in it.

*The roll pin under the take down lever started to back out.(any thoughts on this problem is appreciated)

I was a little less than impressed with my groupings. (I don't blame it on the gun yet) I HATE the factory sights and have never fired a DAO gun before. I will be replacing the sights with meprolights (when they come out) and I need to get used to the trigger. Also, it was a lot of rounds and I'm sure I was tired. My main intention was to see how reliable it was and if it would eat anything I fed it.

Well that's about it. Overall I'm very happy with the M&Pc. Now I just need to get some more practice and take my carry class.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You are one of the 1st people that i have heard with a FTF and this weapon. Did the cases have weak primer strikes? For the pin under the take down lever, mine is in there very tight it takes forcefull hamering with a punch to remove it just the same with the rear one holding in the trigger mech. They are just as hard if not harder to get back in. Does the pin seemed shaved down? I was thinking about doing that to mine since it is such a pain to get in and out.

Adam

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The roll pin under the takedown lever is supposed to be out to the left a little bit from the frame. It catches the takedown lever when you flip it down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have been more specific. It wasn't a failure to fire, it was having trouble feeding the first 10 gold dots. Re-lubing resolved that issue.

The pin is not shaved in any way. I'm not sure when it happened but it somehow work its way out just a little bit towards the take down lever so thatI wasn't able to move the lever back up after reassembleing it. I had a brass punch and a hammer and all is well for now except that I marred the finnish of the pin. I'll let you know if I have any more trouble with it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YukonGlocker said:
The roll pin under the takedown lever is supposed to be out to the left a little bit from the frame. It catches the takedown lever when you flip it down.

Huh :oops: I may need to take a second look at that. Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had 2 FTF's with mine

one where the slide didn't close completely and had a light primer strike (It was the first round on the mag and I kind of held the slide instead of letting it slam forward)

and the other one was with a reload that went bang on the second try

·
Registered
109 Posts
yesterday

I shot my new full sized and compact yesterday with Gold Dot as well as CCI Blazer. All worked just fine and very accurate.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had a FTFire on round #5 with my MP9c. I passed up 800 rounds today with at least 6 kinds of ammo with no more problems except for a follower sticking twice as I was loading a mag. Once on the first day and once today. Just for the record I;ve used at least 60 rounds of Gold Dots with NO problems.

I'll post a detailed round count thread later and post a link. I made a spreadsheet that counts rounds for me so I can break it down for everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts