MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it in reading through the posts using the search feature.

I have an early M&P9 - purchased in March of 2011. I would like to install an Apex kit, either 100-054-C or 100-067-C. I know I'll need a new sear block, but which one?

My pistol does not have an internal safety or magazine disconnect. It does have a manual safety with levers on both the left & right sides.

Is anyone able to point me to the correct part number for the sear block? Both Brownells & Midway are confusing in their descriptions.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Midwest Gun Works has the stripped sear housings for less than $15 and the complete safety sear housings for just under $30.

Their description for the stripped housing says it fits all the M&P full and compact pistols and all the parts (thumb safety or non thumb safety, magazine safety or without it).

The link for the complete sear housing with descriptions/parts numbers for the specific model you are looking for based on your pistols safety/magazine safety set up..

I've ordered parts from MGW for several different guns with no issues. Also ordered from Numrich for M&P parts and all of was good to go.

Have not ordered from Midway or Brownells for M&P parts as I was usually making a good sized order for lots of spare parts to stash away and MGW and Numrich just had several pages of parts listed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Midwest Gun Works has the stripped sear housings for less than $15 and the complete safety sear housings for just under $30.

Their description for the stripped housing says it fits all the M&P full and compact pistols and all the parts (thumb safety or non thumb safety, magazine safety or without it).

The link for the complete sear housing with descriptions/parts numbers for the specific model you are looking for based on your pistols safety/magazine safety set up..

I've ordered parts from MGW for several different guns with no issues. Also ordered from Numrich for M&P parts and all of was good to go.

Have not ordered from Midway or Brownells for M&P parts as I was usually making a good sized order for lots of spare parts to stash away and MGW and Numrich just had several pages of parts listed.
Thanks M1A4ME - exactly the information I needed. Really appreciate the effort!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello.....just a friendly word of caution on this one. I have an earlier model of M&P9 as well and tried to do I think the same thing that you are doing. I tried to upgrade to the Apex Forward Set Trigger kit. I knew that the older version sear block housing would have be changed to accommodate the Apex. I ordered the same sear block housing as pictured above from MGW. But, when it arrived and I tried to install it....the molded grooves and channels in the polymer frame of my older model M&P were not in the same alignment with how this sear block is cut/designed. Basically, there was no getting this newer or latest model sear block into that older polymer frame design. So, it was all for nothing. This has nothing to do with MGW by the way. Those guys are awesome! I buy a lot of stuff from them. This is only because the M&P model I have is very old and not compatible with the last sear block version that S&W put out for the 1.0. Just wanted to share. Hope you have better luck or experience than I had with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The sear housing block pictured above has the 1/8 inch sear spring hole.

·
Registered
48 Posts
THIS guy can tell you for certain which housing you need. He's helped me a few times and he has the best parts descriptions I've seen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts