MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Diagnosing your problem is not to difficult. Remove your slide. Lift up on the slide release. Let go of it and it should snap back down every time. If it doesn’t, something is binding or the spring is bad. There is nothing you can do externally to repair it, the gun will have to come apart. Send it in. It sucks but no manufacturer makes 100% perfect products.

·
Registered
1 Posts
People think clerks at auto parts stores are mechanics too. Many people drive cars.. very few can tell you the first thing about what's under the hood or what to do about a malfunction. Same goes for firearms.
Very well said!! I agree 100%. I like your style.
BIGDAD4848

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pathetic, I buy a brand new gun and have to disassemble it to get it to work properly. My Glock worked from day one right out of the box, several thousand rounds never a hiccup. This gun literally needs to be disassembled and worked on, right off the floor. I also went back to Academy where I bought it from and they had three or four more in stock, and everyone of them did the same thing. This is a Smith and Wesson issue, not a customer needs to disassemble a brand new firearm and repair it them selves issue.
Years ago, this would have never happened with a Smith & Wesson firearm. They shot every time right out of the box like the Glock you mentioned. S&W does not have the quality control they use to have plus they have a rush to get these new firearms out to the market to show off something new. I don't think they test new firearms like they use to. You can't beat a good S&W revolver though. Their new auto pistols are another story.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts