MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen the previous video with James Yeager of Tactical Response shooting out to 100 yds. with a set of XS Sights on his G19. Here's another video from the shooter perspective showing sight alignment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVCeJ103BQ

(p.s. - moderator, I didn't put this in the video section as it's about an accessory that some here might be curious about and thought this forum might be more appropriate.)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I ran the XS "small dot" on a Beretta for about six weeks (back when they were "Ashley sights"), including one major IDPA competition. I put over 2,000 rounds through the gun using that sight in an effort to give it a real chance.

My conclusion was that the sight did not help me shoot any faster when dealing with close targets. Shooting for maximum accuracy or when dealing with more distant targets, while I could get the same level of accuracy it took much longer to guarantee proper sight alignment ... in other words, long range shots were slower than with traditional notch and post sights. Furthermore, the sights gave much less visual feedback so when I did pull a shot or jerk the trigger, I didn't get the notification I was used to, letting me know I needed to fire a follow-up shot.

I think part of the reason some people find a certain level of success with the XS sights is the recommended front sight focus. XS tells you to use the big white dot as your aiming point, instead of the top edge of a sharp iron sight. Well, I've always done with with the little white dot surrounding the tritium capsule in my front night sight. Same exact concept. Cover your target with the white dot and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm intrigued now. I wish someone did a video like that for all various sights, burwell, 10-8's, ect, that would make the buying decision somewhat easier.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I dont remember hearing the distance to the target.... But I am very happy with my warren thanks for posting nice video

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
I dont remember hearing the distance to the target.... But I am very happy with my warren thanks for posting nice video

The Warren Tactical, imho, is the best rear sight on the market for competition and practical carry. I've got a rear night sight with one 6 o'clock dot being made right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts