MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Apex comp kit, forward set sear, RAM, installed on MY M&P pro CORE. dry fire works perfectly. Pull the trigger and it goes click. Rack the slide and do it again no issues. When I'm firing, it will fire a round, chamber the next round and then it will not fire. I have to re-cock the gun, clearing the chambered round and chamber a new round.. Then it will fire. My question is What is going on?

Why will my M&P not fire the next round? Sometimes I'm lucky and get two rounds in a row to fire with out issue. Seems to only want to fire when the slide is manually racked. Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
If you have some overtravel, it's probably due to "dead trigger", which happens with the smaller sear plunger. If you don't have any overtravel, it's likely the hook on your trigger bar needs to be opened up a bit.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
If you have some overtravel, it's probably due to "dead trigger", which happens with the smaller sear plunger. If you don't have any overtravel, it's likely the hook on your trigger bar needs to be opened up a bit.
+1 ! Apex covers opening up the trigger bar loop in their installation videos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen the video where they use a feeler gauge and a flat head screwdriver to open up the loop. I just dont know why I cant get a failure to fire when I'm dry firing. The problem only shows up with live ammo. Thanks for the help guys I will call Apex and see if they got a solution.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For my CORE I used.
Apex alum FSS trigger kit
Apex competition spring kit
Apek RAM kit

Gave me 11.4oz to the Wall
Breaks at 2.2lb

2 steel matches and 500rds not a single problem, love it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
FWIW,

I have a non-Core M&P with the newer (2012) sear block in it. I've installed the FSS and the Comp spring kit with the appropriate trigger bar loop adjustments. I had the same issues and a change back to the stock sear plunger spring did the trick for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar issue, so I thought I'd post in here about it.

Got a full-size M&P 40 and I installed an Apex trigger kit and I got a 9mm Storm Lake conversion barrel for it (also a Wolf 13 lb spring and guide rod). Whilst feeding muh M&P some 9mm the gun will sometimes fire, sometimes won't. I can hear the *click* of the striker being deployed but nothing happens. I'll drop the mag and rack the slide and see that the primer has been dimpled on the round, but not enough to detonate the round.

Some mags I'll have no problem and be able to fire them all off, others not so much. I have no idea what's going on. I had to adjust the shepherd's loop on the trigger bar to work with the Apex sear, so I thought that maybe the sear was deploying before the trigger bar was able to lift the striker block, but that can't be the case since the round was visibly dimpled.

Thoughts?

·
Site Staff
9,585 Posts
bigpappa, I recommend you post this in the Full Size board by itself for best responses, tacking it onto another message usually doesn't get the desired results, and you get a lot more traffic on the Full Size board.

My suggestion, call APEX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Apex comp kit, forward set sear, RAM, installed on MY M&P pro CORE. dry fire works perfectly. Pull the trigger and it goes click. Rack the slide and do it again no issues. When I'm firing, it will fire a round, chamber the next round and then it will not fire. I have to re-cock the gun, clearing the chambered round and chamber a new round.. Then it will fire. My question is What is going on?

Why will my M&P not fire the next round? Sometimes I'm lucky and get two rounds in a row to fire with out issue. Seems to only want to fire when the slide is manually racked. Any help would be awesome.

Hey any updates on how you got this fixed? Having exact same issues at the moment... =\ My trigger bar loop was at .029 so i adjusted it to .018 not sure if it fixed it but i will find out when i go to the range again..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you end up fixing the issue? I am having the same problem with my M&P 1.0
when you post a question like this, I wish people would post the fix after solving it. this would help others and keep from having to re-post the same question.

The Apex video talks about avoiding Sear flutter and to use the 1/8' spring they supply with the kit, and don't put the original one back in. Its at 14:20 of this video

I had to adjust the trigger loop bar on every kit I installed. I opened it up to .016 and they all work perfect now. The Apex video explains why this is, and how to adjust it. If you install the trigger kit, adjust the trigger loop bar as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts