MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my 1st Buck Mark a few days ago. Heard Browning had a $75 rebate ending Dec 31st and saw Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore had the basic Camper UFX on sale for $260 so I snagged one of the last ones they had. It's on the way to my FFL via FedEx then she'll sit in the gulag for ten days before she's mine all mine!

Reading up on must-do mods and watching YT vids on mods/maintenance. Have already ordered two factory mags, a set of Cocobolo grips, and a Tac-Sol Rail with Rear Sight. Just bought a hopefully good used Fastfire III off fleabay for $160 shipped and hope it works out well on the Browning.

Question - with the Tac-Sol rear sight, what fiber optic front sight works best height-wise? The Browning fiber optic front sight sounds kind of cheap/chintzy from the reviews I've read - what's the best alternative?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Kalifornistan, that explains the crap you're being put through. What BS.

Mods...

If you reverse a spring in the mechanism it's the cheapest way to get a trigger job and lighter pull. Then you should remove the ridiculous mag' safety. It'll cause nothing but problems if left in place, BTDT. All of these are shown on youtube (or were) and they are things anyone can do.

Can't help with the front sight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
More of a Ruger fan here, but Dawson Precision makes front sights for both. Available widths are 0.090", 0.100" and 0.125" in various heights. They measure height from the top of the barrel, so centerline of curved base to top of blade.

I am happy with the 0.100" fiber optic I am running on my MkIII. The beads are small, recessed and sharp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought a Buck Mark about eight years ago. Just had it out target shooting last week. It shoots great. I bought it over the similarly priced Ruger because of the bad reputation Ruger had about disassembly and reassembly at the time. Having shot several other more expensive .22's, I'd say this gun holds it's own against any of them.
The only thing I don't like is how hard it is to rack the slide if it has been sitting for a long time un-cocked. The rear sight is in the way of getting a good grip on the slide. I even made a special tool to softly grip the slide to rack it. Other wise I can leave the slide cocked when I put it away. Not crazy about that idea.

·
Administrator
592 Posts
I had one years ago, after trying out several 22 pistols. I later sold it... But, I needed a 22 pistol again to teach my son to shoot handguns. Ended up getting him a Buckmark almost a year ago.

He's gotten pretty darn good with the thing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts