MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems with HP's and the .40C with not feeding them properly? i have a 9C and thinking about trading it in for the .40 since i rather not deal with sending it back to S&W a half dozens times.

I also have lost all confidence in carrying this gun!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I bought the 40c because the M&P line was originally designed around the 40 cal so I figured it only made sense. I've had 660 rounds through my 40c with no problems at all. over 100 of those were Federal Hydroashock HPs. No problem, in fact they produce less recoil and a softer BANG than the other range shells I've been using.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you want a 40 for ccw, the M&P Compact is the way to go. I've had no FTF with about a 1000 rounds through mine. I did have a magizine drop issue that's been resolved about 700 to 800 rounds ago. It is by far my favorite carry gun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had several slide lock backs in less than 300 rounds. I think it might be the combination of a weak slide stop spring and the mag follower. It's probably going to have to go back to S&W. I've had one fail to fire using Magtech FMJs. I think it was just a hard primer though.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Doesn't make sense that the same pistol would somehow be more reliable in a different caliber if you are not confident in the one you have. Even if it were true then there is something seriously wrong with the design of a pistol that functions better in 40 than 9 especially one that was designed recently.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have had 3 ftf's with my 40 c all where last shell in clip 1 failed to extract so last shell hit empty casing the other two just didnt make it into the barrel right and jammed slide? 2 where imperial brand fmj 1 was wwb fmj after that i put close to 200 rounds of spear jhp thru her and no problem? will report back next week after i run another 3-400 thru her. i am a little bothered by this but it seems to be just one mag that does this so maybe a weak spring in the mag? they both load way easier then the mags for the full size 40?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had two FTF in the first 200 rounds through my gun. However they were both Troncated cone type bullets. During the next 1000 or so rounds, no FTF's. I carry Remington Golden Saber HP's for personal protection. I've shot about 30 or so rounds of GS's and they seem to cycle very smooth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't buy either

If you are concerned about the M&P's reliability, I'd probably suggest buying something else. How about a Glock 26?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts