MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very impressed with the MP40. About the only weak spot I can see in this gun is the trigger itself. I am used to rugged steel triggers on my guns and the trigger on the MP looks rather fragile, being made out of plastic and pierced with pins for the parts to rotate on. I can't find any posts on broken triggers or trigger failures which speaks well for this design. Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on the durability of this design? Will it hold up for the long run?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know of people on this site with over 10,000 rounds through their M&P's and haven't read about any failures related to the trigger. Try and do a search for broken trigger and see what comes up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A friend of mine (reliable source) said he was looking at a M&P at the store and he noticed a crack on the trigger, I asked him if he was sure it wasn't the hinge, he said he was sure.

So there is one at least in history, yet this musta been a fluke.

Edited by YukonGlocker...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a post over at Glocktalk in the Smith & Wesson Section where a guy claimed the trigger broke on his brand new MP. I queried him about it and here was his reply:

"quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by texagun

Are you saying the trigger broke on this gun? I have never heard another instance of that happening. How and where did it break? Did a pin fall out or what? Do you have any pictures?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snapped inside the trigger housing no pictures since I hadn't even left the store after purchasing it. Just had a couple of drops of lube on the rails took it back to the lane loaded up and started to fire. I also had a 659 that had at least 3 or 4k rounds only time it failed to fire was with a bad batch of ammo. 4506 has never had any problem. IMO Smith (and all other manufacturers) just need to not try and rush the product to the shelf so they can be the latest and greatest. Everyone puts out a lemon now and then but, stick with what you do best revolvers with or without locks and metal frame auto's."

NOTE: The above is the only post I have ever found about an MP trigger breaking. The trigger just looks rather flimsy to me, hence, the reason for the original post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts