MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 9c a couple of days ago, and am now looking for a left-handed holster. There doesnt seem to be any in the M&P store.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a non-conceal holster for a lefty?

·
Registered
25 Posts
This thread has a retailer in it that will make holsters in left-handed models: http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4691

I've also heard that Safariland will make any holster they offer right or left handed, but I've not verified this yet.

Comp-Tac also makes left handed holsters. www.comp-tac.com

There's a few options out there, but I feel your pain brother. Finding a good left-handed holster is hard enough, but with a newer gun like this, it can drive you crazy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got an OWB from Comp Tac and it is freakin fast. Also have a 2 oclock AIWB and an infidel for my G19 that are great.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I would highly recommend Comp-tac as well. Top quality gear and only a week away from your door. A decent affordable alternative for custom kydex is Grandfather Oak, though their turn around is not nearly as fast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am a lefty also,

I just ordered an MTAC on thusday of last week,

Do a search on the forum, there is alot of buzz about this holster.

·
Registered
55 Posts
mpr933 said:
Any righties try shooting lefty? It is more difficult than I expected, especially around a barrier.
Practice, practice, practice. Too late to learn when you can't use your right hand.

I always try and run at least a few mags through my carry at the end of each session with only my left end, reload and everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I shoot rifles and shotguns lefty. Never shot a pistol, although I'm seriously wanting to buy one once I turn 21 (2/7). And since I'm right handed, I want to shoot it righty, but the there's a problem... I can't close my left eye while keeping my right eye open (which explains why I shoot lefty). So does anyone know how I can change that?

Oh yeah, here's the guns I'm lookin at:

CZ 75 P-01

CZ 2075 RAMI

Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact (comes out in Jan.)

HKP2000 or P2000SK (if I can find it cheap enough)

HK USP Compact (again, if I can find it cheap)

FN P9

S&W MP Compact

Springfield XD Compact or Subcompact

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can shoot better left handed with my M&P9c then my glock 19. I am right handed but left eye dominant. (lazy eye as a kid). Still need to get rid of those crappy glock sights.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
aultman07 said:
I shoot rifles and shotguns lefty. Never shot a pistol, although I'm seriously wanting to buy one once I turn 21 (2/7). And since I'm right handed, I want to shoot it righty, but the there's a problem... I can't close my left eye while keeping my right eye open (which explains why I shoot lefty). So does anyone know how I can change that?

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6504

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am another lefty CompTac fan, got the Pro Undercover for my duty M&P9 to carry off duty, and as soon as I get my compact, I'll get some sort of CompTac for it as well.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for the link to the other thread YukonGlocker.

I just discovered my 8 year old daughter is left eye dominant so I will be needing lots of tips when I teach her to shoot this spring.

We discovered this when she went to Cabela's with her uncle and spent a bunch of time at the video shooting arcade.

BTW this is my first post!

I am looking forward to getting a M&P40c ASAP! (Was going to buy a G23 but.....)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts