MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts

Here you go. This one is black and doesn't have the ambi thumb safety. I felt really good in my hand, only a hair larger in the grip area than my 9mm. If you put the large palm swell on the 9mm you'll have the feel of the M&P 45 with the small grip insert.

The S&W rep said it will hit the street in March. We'll see about that. I'm going to get one.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wish they hadn't added those front cocking serrations...really messes with the smooth lines and proportions of the weapon, not that, those really matter.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
ClosetCaseNerd said:
I wish they hadn't added those front cocking serrations...really messes with the smooth lines and proportions of the weapon, not that, those really matter.

I agree. The only thing I have found front cocking serrations good for is to tear up holsters.

I wonder if the military specs call for front cocking serrations??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now I just need to find out if who will make a threaded bbl for one. I am definatley in the market for a new .45 I have decided against the XD. So that leaved the M&P, HK45. Glock21SF and the FNP45 in the running. I'm not wild about HK but they can be bought with a factory threaded bbl. I have heard nothing but good things about the FNP45. The Glock 21SF is also a possibility but I want to feel all of them in my hand first. Ergonomically the M&P may win out. But I plan on running my .45 suppressed as well as not suppressed so the avaiability of threaded bbls is important.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
they had a black without a safety and the earth with the safety as this is how they will be released initially to the public

·
Registered
240 Posts
Steven T said:
Did S&W have the model with a manual saftey and flat dark earth colored frame on display as well ?

Steve

Yes. Somebody posted a few pics of that gun in the General Discussion area.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mag Safety?

I don't see the "can fire without mag" warning on that black .45 - anyone know if they're going to not bother with the mag disconnect on the .45? Does anyone really want the mag disconnect?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know it's really a matter of individual taste, but to me, these guns are a lot better looking that the 5 inch 45 XDs, that look sort of blocky and tall. I already bought my 2007 gun, but this one is next if I can find one. If I was a Kydex holster maker, I'd be fighting for a copy or aluminum dummy, this one may set the market on fire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is the "14 round option" mentioned in the initial press release for the M&P 45 simply an extended magazine that protrudes from the grip ? I've not heard it mentioned since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts