MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Other then the fact that they are two COMPLETELY different pistols from one another....

·
Registered
378 Posts
NCPatrolAR said:
The M&P isnt a POS like the 99. Pretty cut and dry to me.

That's not true.

Now, I own a P99, a P99c and a SW(9. I find the fullsize P99 to be a but more accurate than the SW99. But the SW99 is a good gun.

I hate it when people do these blanket statements that reflect poorly on the poster actually. Saying you don't like something is 1 thing. And, U can give reasons. To say what you did shows a poor attitude to other gun owners.

·
Registered
190 Posts
When multiple agencies have ditched the platform because of repeated problems (cracked sear block housings, failure to fires, constant rusting issues, etc); that, to me, points to problems with said platform. That is why the POS comment was made. I could also cite that the slide stop is too large, the mag release lever and how mags dont fully drop free, the poor grip angle, etc. Of course those things are personal preferences unlike the mechanical issues I started this post with.

It is great that you like the SW99. However I, along with over 1,000 other police officers (from one agency alone), dont think they are fit to be a duty gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts