MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a local gun shop yesterday and got to talking to the older gentlemen who seem to hang out there alot and the shop owner. the discussion started with me asking about the value of certain S&K rifles but then led to them telling me how with in the next year or so they belive that there will be a law passed that would baisically be a gun ban. how they would use the concieled carry list and start there to collect all the guns. Either banning certain types of guns or maybe restricting the sales of ammo. they also noted that ammo prices had gone up 100% in the past year and that they will keep going up untill no one can afford to buy it. another guy said that walmart is phasing out the sale of ammo in thier stores. does anyone know what these guys were refering to on any of these topics?

i'm alittle confused because the shop owner was the one spitting out most of the "facts" but if they bann ammo sales or gun sales...what would he do for a living?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Nothing has passed, and I bet it will be at least 3 years before something that radical will be tried.

There will be alot of blood if they do a house to house. I have a wife and 3 kids, and will protect them with my life against tyranny.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like someone is smoking crack! While ammo has gone up in price, it hasn't increase by 100%, so already we know they're full of BS. The cost increase of ammo has to do with the cost of copper, brass, and lead increasing dramatically. Added to that, the increased demand from the military due to the war in Iraq. Sounds like he's trying to create a panic buy, so people rush in and stock up on things.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The absolute worst place to get gun info is in a gun store. Some of those shop owners and employees are some of the worst tin foil hat wearing individuals I've ever met.

The guy that owns one of the shops here in Virginia Beach acts like ATF agents are hiding in the bushes outside his store.

Be prepared to join the fight to keep our 2A rights by writing, calling and emailing your local, state and federal representatives but don't jump off the deep end.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
m4arc said:
The guy that owns one of the shops here in Virginia Beach acts like ATF agents are hiding in the bushes outside his store.
I have see na couple of those nut jobs too they make me laugh 8)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I've dealt with literally dozens of ATF agents as well as other non-agent personnel from ATF during both their Treasury and Justice affiliations. I have never met one who would be willing to go house-to-house confiscating all the personally owned guns in this country. Almost every one I've met is a gun owner himself. Quite a few of them feel as strongly about the Second Amendment as we do.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
ToddG said:
I've dealt with literally dozens of ATF agents as well as other non-agent personnel from ATF during both their Treasury and Justice affiliations. I have never met one who would be willing to go house-to-house confiscating all the personally owned guns in this country. Almost every one I've met is a gun owner himself. Quite a few of them feel as strongly about the Second Amendment as we do.
yeah but if they are told do it or go to unemployment what do you think they would do then?????

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
yeah but if they are told do it or go to unemployment what do you think they would do then?????

I would prefer that we didn't even have this conversation.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
101Combat Vet said:

What do I think? I think, of all the agents, inspectors, and technicians I've met from ATF not a single one of them would choose a paycheck over the Constitution. I've found them to be some of the most professional, ethical, and patriotic law enforcement officers in federal service.

Some of their firearms gurus are also M&P fans.

Per m4arc's request, that's my last comment on the subject.

·
Registered
936 Posts
ToddG said:

Ive had the same experiences; My local BATF agent goes out of his way to help FFL's succeed in compliance of the laws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts