MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent a message to Budsgunshop.com letting them know as soon as they recieve a Bi colored .45 to call me. I was just woundering if the release date is still around the SHOT show and if anyone had heard any more information.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Good news, Smith now has the .45 on their website! Hopefully release is right around the corner. The compact wasn't on the website until a week or two after it was released.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hopeful

Yeah, they also list the .357 sig M&P, but Lord only knows when they'll come out! Shoot, I'd settle for just the barrel to put in my 40!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
From what I am to understand the .357 is available just in very limited quantities. Someone posted on here previously with a link to a shop, I believe in Kentucky, that had the fullsize in stock.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Everything I have heard thus far is a no go! Any additional information would be very welcome if someone has some inside source. :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
S&W reps at SHOT today told me that some 357s have already trickled out of the factory but will start to show up in quantity by march. He said the 45 would be on the shelves in february.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I also know that if the 45 fullsize is popular they will try to get out a 45 compact by next shot show.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you look at the all black MP45 it has the outline on the frame for the thumb safety, it just needs to be cut out. So maybe all you need to do is cut that portion out and add the parts for the thumb safety. The only reason I say that is because I really dont like the dark earth color rather have all black.

·
Registered
54 Posts
targetsup said:
If you look at the all black MP45 it has the outline on the frame for the thumb safety, it just needs to be cut out. So maybe all you need to do is cut that portion out and add the parts for the thumb safety. The only reason I say that is because I really dont like the dark earth color rather have all black.
I think you're right, but I also believe you're doing it the hard way. The easier solution would be to refinish the brown frame in black. I bet that if the manual safety option is popular, S&W will offer it w/ a black frame down the line

·
Registered
240 Posts

This one is black and doesn't have the ambi thumb safety. I felt really good in my hand, only a hair larger in the grip area than my 9mm. If you put the large palm swell on the 9mm you'll have the feel of the M&P 45 with the small grip insert.

The S&W rep said it will hit the street in March. We'll see about that. I'm going to get one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
targetsup said:

I went back to the S&W LE booth today & noticed one of the reps was carrying a black framed 45 WITH a thumb safety - I asked him about it & he said that variation should be available later in '07.

I also asked him if the thumb safety would be available on the other caliber & size M&Ps - he told me that the option would certainly be produced at an agency's request & would likely be forthcoming to the civilian market also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts