MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
bigkracka said:
I have, and my trigger has been slowly but surely smoothing out.

I do, but when I get my gun back from dan on Friday, it will be a whole lot Smoooother!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been dry firing at every opportunity and until my fingers give out. I usually sit there while watching TV and switch between hands as each tires out. Pulling, pulling, pulling. So far, this has only marginally improved the smoothness of my trigger.

Note that I don't have to pull all the way through to striker release. The gritty section is BEFORE the striker release point. So, I am not firing the striker and racking the slide for each dry fire.

I have three stages to my MP trigger. Initially, through the first third, it is smooth as a good revolver. At about 1/3rd of the way through, I hit a point that most people would think was the stack point where it is about to get harder to pull to fire. However, instead, for mine, this first stop point demarks the beginning of the nasty grit section. 2/3rds of the way through, I exit the grit section at the stack point where the trigger really is at the point that I have to increase pull weight to fire the striker.

So, to work through the grit, I do not have to actually go all the way through a full trigger pull, which helps with the dry firing, at least.

·
Registered
201 Posts
When dry firing, if you pull the trigger once and release the striker, and leave it that way, dont rack the slide. Now, pull the trigger and you can take up the pre travel and still feel where the resistance starts and where the trigger would break and release. With a few broken strikers we're having and some from possible dry firing, you can still get the trigger take up and almost same feel of release by dry firing that way and not working the striker continously.

Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts