·
Registered
S&W + H&K
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
The grip look more than interesting. However, not much info on the web site. If you get one, do come back and give us your impression/review.

Reactions: HEADKNOCKER

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a FDE Hogue Slip On Grip for the BG380 today for $10
Think it's going to work out GR8, Time will tell..
Fit wasn't that hard at all..
Range Report Due..

·
Registered
M2.0 9mm Full-size, M2.0 Compact w/Vortex Venom, Shield Plus PC, M&P22C, BG380,
14 Posts
I also have the Hogue grip on my BG and I think it feels ok. I was having a problem with the magazine releasing on almost every shot and took off the grip and aftermarket pinkie extension. Once that didn't help (ever after sending it back to S&W for repair) I ended up installing the Galloway Precision mag release, which has totally fixed that issue

I went to the range today with the Hogue grip and the pinky extension and the gun worked great. I had a 3-4 light primers out of about 50 rounds, but I was not using great quality ammo and they all occurred on the first round in the mag. I was using the slide release and you could just feel that the gun did not go into battery.

I know people hate the trigger, but I don't find it to be an issue. I was spot on of course at 3 yards, pretty good at 5 yards and a little bit high at 7 yards, but I'm recommitted to this gun and will start giving it more range time. I will be sticking with the Hogue and the pinky extension as I feel it gives me more control.

Note in this picture that I have the Boraii Pocket Holster on. This is a great device for keeping your trigger guard covered in pocket carry. I have one for my Shields as well and it works great with a little practice on the draw stroke

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll also NOTE: that you have modified the "slide lock lever" into a "slide release lever" & removed the safety & blocked it with a Galloway 3D Printed Safety Insert Plate..
I thought about ordering a magazine pinky extension from Galloway..
Here--> Bodyguard 380 Performance Parts
Of course their Hammer/Trigger Kit looks interesting. BUT $100 in addition to final cost..
Nice Setup @PenskeFile = Tiny Holster/Trigger Guard + Bodyguard Modifications..
I Like It!! Here's the link to the BG380 Boraii Holster--> THE BEST POCKET HOLSTER FOR THE SMITH & WESSON BODYGUARD .380

Sad about the return to S&W to only install another polymer magazine release..
I have a 380EZ boxed up for a Recall Now..
The one in our Bodyguard is Metal/Steel JFYI & saw they offer both metal or polymer when I was looking parts up..
Here's the metal magazine release --> MAGAZINE CATCH, STEEL, NEW FACTORY ORIGINAL $3.70

Galloway also offers a extra power recoil spring set..

Son wants to flip the BG380 when the 380EZ Returns from SAW..

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really do like how @PenskeFile modified the slide lock lever into a slide release lever
Want to try that on a new one as not to modify anything factory for future return to SAW
I like the safety lever as it locks the slide on the BG380 & is so hard to move it would never get moved accidentally..
Wish I could get a Black Hogue slip on, Kenny told me He'd have one in two weeks when his order from Hogue comes in & would trade me for the FDE..
I likes the looks of Galloways Full Grip extension for the BG, But would only be for range use & will pick up a few extra magazines IF I keep the BG..
What is with extra magazines that us Gun guys want??
I have ten for my HKs BTW.. Can only use one at a time.. Or Two in my case.. HaHa!!
Wood Tableware Cutlery Tool Rectangle Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood Trigger Gun accessory Hardwood Handgun holster

·
Registered
M2.0 9mm Full-size, M2.0 Compact w/Vortex Venom, Shield Plus PC, M&P22C, BG380,
14 Posts
I may be referring to, and using the slide lock incorrectly, because I haven't done any modifications on it. I did replace the safety with the Galloway block as you mentioned however, since I was already pulling out the internals to swap out the mag release. I figured with the long, heavy trigger, a safety was not needed - esp. since this is solely a pocket gun for me.

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@PenskeFile have a look at your BG380 & then look at Our pictures
Your slide lock lever looks to be bent outward away from the frame some allowing it to be used as a slide release lever more easily..

Let's Check the Day Planner & see what's on the agenda for today.. BG380

----S&W M&P Shield 380 EZ -- M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 -- M&P Bodyguard 380-----

1 - 9 of 9 Posts