MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an XS Big Dot express sight on my Kahr MK40 about a year ago (http://www.xssights.com/store/catalog.pdf). At first I found it difficult to use, but I have put a couple thousand rounds thru and I now like it a lot. I find that I can get on target faster with it than with any other sight. The trade off is that I lose a bit on accuracy for slow fire. I don't think that this is big problem though, as my primary goal is 5-6 inch groups with the greatest speed possible. That usually means (depending on the distance) a flash sight picture or Applegate-style point shooting where one brings the gun up into the line of sight but doesn't get a real sight picture. In either case the Big Dot really sticks out. Does anyone else have experience with express sights, either for big game rifles or for handguns? Does anyone use them on an M&P? I have not yet put them on my M&P 40 but am thinking about it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm stuck with Big DOts on my 1911 until I get a new slide in from Caspian. Personaly, I hate the the sights and wont use them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a bit dot on my Glock years ago, didn't care for it. At distance it obscures the target and is hard to be accurate with. Not to mention exspensive.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
xs big dots

The XS big Dots are just now done. I got a call from company just a couple days ago. They have designed them on one of my custom guns and have showed them at a couple trade shows. They are photographing the gun now to have for adds. When I get the gun back it will have them on it and I'll report back. The front will be tritium but the back will not be do to the top to bottom height of the S&W being to short.

I have a solution to this I will be presenting to XS and if they don't do it I will be building custom sets myself that will give tritium at the rear.

I do know that the XS sight is the fastest on the market. And it is acurate a distance. It does cover more of the target but at distance it is a 6 o'clock hold. I have shot it at a Rob Leatham school with FBI SWAT, US marshall's and other "operator types" with high end 1911's with traditional sights and at 25 yards I was shooting the best groups with A XD 9 and XS big dots. I hope this helps. CHECK 360 David J. Bowie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sights are a personal matter and you'll only know if you can actually try them. I tried them and didn't find them faster than good traditional sights for me.

Through the years of competing in USPSA, I've never seen or heard of anyone using those sights. That could mean something . . . YMMV.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the 24/7 on my Glocks and I find them to be the fastest and most acurate sights at distance on the market. You need to know how to use them, especially at distance. The only reason I am not carrying my M&Ps is that I'm waiting on XS to make Big Dots for them. When asked how they work I can usually hit 3.5 inch clays at 50 yards. Actually, I shoot them better at distance than close up. If they are shipping for the M&P, please someone shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like my Big Dot. For me it makes it easier to find that front sight under stress.

Also, there's another thread about the Big Dots on this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Big Dots on mt S&W 640 and 649 as well as my G23 and G21. They were all meant for quick target accusation, not target shooting. For anything else, I buy the sights to fit the situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts