MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw them mentioned on arfcom yesterday and took a look.

M&P Shield 1.0, the bug out bag, a first aid kit, five magazines (one 7, four 8s) and a M&P "mask". Saw the kit for as low as $410. Seemed like a good deal considering the extra magazines, the first aid kit, the bag (costs if purchased separately).

Oh, the Shield are the thumb safety models.

Just wondering if anyone had one and could comment on it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would have liked to have seen it offered with the M&P. While I have a Shield; it wouldn’t be my choice for a bug out gun.

$400 isn’t a bad deal. But GAG and RK has them priced at $500. That’s not a good deal for a Shield. Maybe CRB pricing it is.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
If it were a non safety gun I would say it is a good deal, for me the safety is a deal breaker.
I used to be the same way, but the safety on my PC Shield 9 and my .45 Shield are both small, unobtrusive, and require a fair amount of force to put on or off. I’ve always just left them “off” on both Shields. They’re not going to be knocked on or turn on by themselves, so I don’t worry about them.

The paddle style thumb safeties on the larger M&P models would be definite deal breakers for me.

I don’t mind them on my 1911s. I’ve been carrying and shooting them for so long that taking the safety “off” is part of my draw stroke, and I don’t have to even think about doing it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Considering the cost of magazines as well as the current going rate of M&P9 Shields, $499.99 MSRP isn't a bad deal for the included M&P9 Shield 1.0, 8 magazines, and the bag itself that they come in.

I've seen M&P9 Shields going for $399.99, and with factory S&W magazines going for around $35 apiece, the Bug Out Bag is roughly a $610 value.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, based on the performance of my wife's 1.0 Shield and what seems like a good deal I ordered one from John's Militia Gear LLC in Hickory, NC for $425 (shipping was supposed to be free.) Called my FFL to let him know it will be on it's way to him some time, or other. Pics when I get it and a range report once I get it to the range and back to try out some 115 grain hollow points.

edited to correct the price.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I’m not even sure how many mags I have between my 1.0 and my PC Shield.

Half either have MagGuts kits or Taran Tactical extenders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw them mentioned on arfcom yesterday and took a look.

M&P Shield 1.0, the bug out bag, a first aid kit, five magazines (one 7, four 8s) and a M&P "mask". Saw the kit for as low as $410. Seemed like a good deal considering the extra magazines, the first aid kit, the bag (costs if purchased separately).

Oh, the Shield are the thumb safety models.

Just wondering if anyone had one and could comment on it.
I would want a 2.0 if it was me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got mine Tuesday. Unpacked it. Everything there.

The first aid kit is pretty small/compact. Not like I expected. The picture in the ad made me think it was about like the first aid kits I bought and put in my cars/trucks but it's a "shadow" of those. A few band aids, some antiseptic wipes, some antibiotic packages and burn cream, etc. Not worthless, but just not as much/big as the bag looked in the picture.

The bag is pretty good. Small, but all kinds of magazine pouches, a secure "zipper under a snap flap" pouch, a large zipper compartment, Lots of webbing on the outside to attach other pouches/accesories.

As the ad says, 5 magazines. Two in the box with the pistol are a 7 round and an 8 round magazine. The three in the big box are all 8 round magazines.

The S&W mask for these china virus days. Or to help conceal who you are from the cameras along your "get the hell out of this part of town" route.

The 1.0 Shield. I hope it shoots groups comparable to the one my wife carries. The trigger ain't bad at all. Pulls back, stops when it hits the striker block plunger, move back just a bit more and stops. Further rearward movement results in the striker releasing. I may install a flat faced trigger, but I have no issues with the trigger pull as is.

I have ordered a Talon grip panel kit for it. Got that on my wife's pistol and it just feels right after shooting hers some.

I may order night sights for it. I like night sights on a pistol I'm going to be carrying. Just need to get it done (ordering) and then get them installed and sighted in.

Safety works great for my right hand knuckle reach. Right there were it's easy to swipe off, a little harder to put back on safe.

Slide release, right now, is a two thumb and a little more type of operation. It should break in/ease up with some working of it.

Really need to get to the range and see how it does. Might be a good weekend to work through some of that Federal aluminum cased ammo I bought last year and never got around to shooting. Won't bother me a bit to lose that "brass" in the snow this weekend. Supposed to be a high of 26F this weekend at home. Maybe a good cold weather test for the pistol (and me), too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Got mine Tuesday. Unpacked it. Everything there.

The first aid kit is pretty small/compact. Not like I expected. The picture in the ad made me think it was about like the first aid kits I bought and put in my cars/trucks but it's a "shadow" of those. A few band aids, some antiseptic wipes, some antibiotic packages and burn cream, etc. Not worthless, but just not as much/big as the bag looked in the picture.

The bag is pretty good. Small, but all kinds of magazine pouches, a secure "zipper under a snap flap" pouch, a large zipper compartment, Lots of webbing on the outside to attach other pouches/accesories.

As the ad says, 5 magazines. Two in the box with the pistol are a 7 round and an 8 round magazine. The three in the big box are all 8 round magazines.

The S&W mask for these china virus days. Or to help conceal who you are from the cameras along your "get the hell out of this part of town" route.

The 1.0 Shield. I hope it shoots groups comparable to the one my wife carries. The trigger ain't bad at all. Pulls back, stops when it hits the striker block plunger, move back just a bit more and stops. Further rearward movement results in the striker releasing. I may install a flat faced trigger, but I have no issues with the trigger pull as is.

I have ordered a Talon grip panel kit for it. Got that on my wife's pistol and it just feels right after shooting hers some.

I may order night sights for it. I like night sights on a pistol I'm going to be carrying. Just need to get it done (ordering) and then get them installed and sighted in.

Safety works great for my right hand knuckle reach. Right there were it's easy to swipe off, a little harder to put back on safe.

Slide release, right now, is a two thumb and a little more type of operation. It should break in/ease up with some working of it.

Really need to get to the range and see how it does. Might be a good weekend to work through some of that Federal aluminum cased ammo I bought last year and never got around to shooting. Won't bother me a bit to lose that "brass" in the snow this weekend. Supposed to be a high of 26F this weekend at home. Maybe a good cold weather test for the pistol (and me), too.

What burn cream did they include?

I ask because I need to replace what was in my boo boo kit. I didn't write down what it was and forgot about it until I read your post.
My nephew tried to swap a suppressor from one gun to another after firing 50 rounds without using an oven mitt.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No name on the pack.

In small type (two pairs of glasses small) it reads: Manufactured for Medique Products, Fort Myers, FL 33967 USA.

Contains: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%
Lidocaine HCI 0.5%

·
Registered
490 Posts
No name on the pack.

In small type (two pairs of glasses small) it reads: Manufactured for Medique Products, Fort Myers, FL 33967 USA.

Contains: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%
Lidocaine HCI 0.5%
Thank you, I'll use that to help replace what I had.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my night sights and 7 round mag. extensions (not more rounds, just a nice little finger resting/gripping spot) yesterday. Will try to get the talon grips on it today (put a set on my wife's last year, so now that feels right vs. none). Put the mag. extensions on last night.

Got the bottom plate off that 7 round mag, was holding my left thumb over the bottom of the magazine and dropped the new extended bottom. Leaned over to pick it up off the floor and launched the mag. spring and floor plate keeper up to bounce off the ceiling. Found the mag. spring easily, took longer for that little black locking plate. Finally found it right next to the foot stool and got it back together. Then did the one for my wife's Shield.

Oh, got Ameriglo night sights. They look to be pretty close in size/shape/profile to the factory sights.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I almost bought those. I have the two vertical dot night sights on a couple FNS pistols and had begun to like it/get used to it. But my wife's Shield has the 3 dot night sights and I just figured I'd be better off not causing her any confusion if she had the need to use mine. All of my CZ's (except the ones with RMRs on them) have the 3 dot night sights, too, so I'm keeping things consistent with the three dot night sights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts