MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 637 that I carry OWB occassionally, but would consider a pocket holster for the summer. Any suggestions? I've read great reviews about the Mika pocket holster.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I carry a 642 with Crimson Trace laser grips in the pocket using an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I carry it every day even when I'm carrying a waist holstered gun.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I had my perfomance center 442 with crimson trace grips in my Bulman gunleather pocket holster in my pocket this evening when I went out to eat I had on a dress shirt and tie no jacket to hide my M&P so I went pocket carry.

Awesome carry package when no jacket is required or desired.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ront said:
You might also look here, http://kdholsters.com/basefile/pd.html. Kevin does very nice work. There is a waiting period though, but it is worth it. I am waiting for one now.

Ron

Thanks for the link ront. How long is the wait?

I'm thinking about borrowing my wife's S&W 642 with CT 405 laser grips for the summer since the M&P 9C will not conceal well in shorts and such.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The M&P compact will conceal well with shorts. You need a good gun belt and a good IWB holster.

I carry a 642 in a Desantis Nemesis often.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I carry a S&W 642 with CT grips in a Galco pocket holster when I wear shorts in the summer. It's a great pocket gun and shares it's time as a carry gun with my full size M&P9.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been carrying one J-frame or another in a Kramer Pocket Holster for about 12 years now. I couldn't be happier with the system. Concealment is wonderful, speed of draw is excellent, and if feeling uneasy, one can simply slip one's hand in the pocket and have gun in hand with no one else any the wiser.

At the moment my daily J-frame is a 37-2 Airweight with a bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I removed the clip on a nylon holster I had and I use it to pocket carry my Taurus 85. The soft nylon is comfortable and breaks up the outline of the gun really well. It is also very fast and easy to draw from. I am a big fan of pocket carry. You can have your hand on your weapon without raising any eyebrows and draw faster than any hip holster as your hand is already on your weapon. The only drawback is the more complicated reloads with the wheelgun.

Honestly, after buying my P32 Kel-Tec I'm not sure how much time my Taurus is going to spend in my pocket. I think I'm going to give it to the wife.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I carry a SW642CT everyday during the summer. I've tried just about every carry holster made. The best one I've found is a Robert Mika pocket holster. Robert is a retired LAPD Officer and now a Chief with a smaller dept. in WI Google his name and you'll find his website

·
Registered
373 Posts
Where my G27 isn't practical (clothing/weather wise), I pocket carry my 642 inside a Nemesis holster. They literally disappear in the pocket. Always armed with a j-frame!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I carry a J-Frame in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster (cheap but it works). I also usually wear pleated front Dockers when carrying this way. The pants are loose enough so that the gun just disappears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Pocket Holster Experience

Landric said:
I've been carrying one J-frame or another in a Kramer Pocket Holster for about 12 years now. I couldn't be happier with the system. Concealment is wonderful, speed of draw is excellent, and if feeling uneasy, one can simply slip one's hand in the pocket and have gun in hand with no one else any the wiser.

Couldn't have said it better myself as I could have used those EXACT words. OH, I guess I just DID!

Just know that it is a fact certain that over 90 percent of the famous gun-writers are known to carry J-frame snubs in pocket holsters over 90 percent of the time even though they normally have access to various other combinations as freebies or on loan for testing and evaluation direct from the manufacturers. There's a reason THEY do that---IT WORKS!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: My Pocket Holster Experience

Captain38 said:
[quote name='Landric']I've been carrying one J-frame or another in a Kramer Pocket Holster for about 12 years now. I couldn't be happier with the system. Concealment is wonderful, speed of draw is excellent, and if feeling uneasy, one can simply slip one's hand in the pocket and have gun in hand with no one else any the wiser.

Couldn't have said it better myself as I could have used those EXACT words. OH, I guess I just DID!

Just know that it is a fact certain that over 90 percent of the famous gun-writers are known to carry J-frame snubs in pocket holsters over 90 percent of the time even though they normally have access to various other combinations as freebies or on loan for testing and evaluation direct from the manufacturers. There's a reason THEY do that---IT WORKS![/quote]

Kytac.

·
Registered
176 Posts
S&WM&PAR15T said:
I carry a SW642CT everyday during the summer. I've tried just about every carry holster made. The best one I've found is a Robert Mika pocket holster. Robert is a retired LAPD Officer and now a Chief with a smaller dept. in WI Google his name and you'll find his website

+1 for Mika. Holds my 642 wonderfully. The mouth stays open so you can reholster without pulling the holster out of your pocket, if you wanted to. For $20.00 you can't go wrong. He'll even write your name and the date he built your holster on the inside of it. Here's his site:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've carried a backup J frame in a MIKA pocket holster for at least 15years, if not longer. I highly recomend it. I'va also used the Ken Null, and a Desantis, and a Uncle Mike's but I keep coming back to the MIKA

·
Registered
16 Posts
J frame pocket carry

I carry a S&W 340 w/ crimson trace grips in a Desantis Nemisis with shorts or jeans VERY frequently. Convenient, light weight & carries nicely!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts