MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking ahead for when the 5" M&P40 hits the shelves...

Has anyone looked into installing a Bo-Mar (or Champion or Wilson) adjustable rear sight on an M&P? Is there enough space to simply mill the factory dovetail flat, then cut a new dovetail for the BMCS, all without hitting the firing pin channel? Or should I be looking at TIG-welding the sight in and doing some kind of fiddling to allow the firing pin safety to be installed from underneath?

Any thoughts from the pros?

- Chris

·
Registered
936 Posts
Chris, I think the prudent thing to do is to see how the sights are in the 5" version, they prototype from the shot show last year might be tweaked beyond recognition. They might come up with a good idea.

I think that a melted, low set, bomar is really going to be tough to do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The M&P has the same basic problem as the XD when installing a BoMar style rear sight. There isn't very much depth in the slide to work with. We normally CNC a pocket in the slide then weld one of our sight bases in and then use a Bomar style sight leaf. I don't have a picture of a M&P with one but if you send me your email I can send you a picture of an XD with the same type of installation to give you an idea of what you would need to do.

Bob Hostetter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts