MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really just change out the barrel?

357 SIG barrel from S&W is $92.13 - seems reasonable.

The 40 S&W barrel is $104.29 wonder why it costs more - I would guess more machine work goes into a 357SIG.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where did you find a .357 SIG barrel?

·
Registered
40 Posts
z71bill said:
The 40 S&W barrel is $104.29 wonder why it costs more - I would guess more machine work goes into a 357SIG.
Actually, I'd think the .357 SIG would be less machining because it's a .40 cartridge necked down to a 9mm bullet for the barrel...

They would both have to be the same dimensions on the outside diameter.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i would love to get a sig barrel can anyone confirm they are available?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would call myself but if they have it in stock I would buy one - no self control.

As far as machining the barrel - 40S&W VS 357SIG it seems like it would be easier to punch a hole that is basiclly the same diameter all the way through the barrel - than it would be to machine out the shape of the 357 SIG. But I am not an expert on that so I really don't know - it just looks more difficult to me.

I don't know why I even want one - the guy at the shooting range told me he does not like it when people shoot the 357 SIG because they are so loud - other shooters complain - I don't like bothering people - but making a loud BANG is part of the fun of shooting.

·
Registered
115 Posts
z71bill said:
I would call myself but if they have it in stock I would buy one - no self control.

As far as machining the barrel - 40S&W VS 357SIG it seems like it would be easier to punch a hole that is basiclly the same diameter all the way through the barrel - than it would be to machine out the shape of the 357 SIG. But I am not an expert on that so I really don't know - it just looks more difficult to me.

I don't know why I even want one - the guy at the shooting range told me he does not like it when people shoot the 357 SIG because they are so loud - other shooters complain - I don't like bothering people - but making a loud BANG is part of the fun of shooting.

It's fun to fire one off and have people trying to figure what your shooting

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts