41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
image.jpeg A little better picture of my m2.0 45acp & m2.0 9mm

·
Registered
130 Posts
Frank, how do you like the M2.0 45... is it pretty accurate with bulk ammo...?
PaPow, so far I'm really liking the m2.0 in both my 9mm and especially in the 45. This may sound crazy but when I'm shooting my m2.0 I forget it's a 45 because of the soft recoil. It's primarily my night stand pistol so most of my shooting has been in the 7 to 12 yard range. When taking my time I have no problem holding some tight groups. With rapid double and triple taps center mass on silhouette targets, let's just say I would not want to be that target. Coming from a Glock background I find the M&P in my hands a lot more accurate than I ever was with Glocks. The m2.0 45 is a lot of fun to shoot, were my 9mm is just boring. So far zero issues with any ammunition I've put through any of my M&P's. Take care my friend and stay safe.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
PaPow, so far I'm really liking the m2.0 in both my 9mm and especially in the 45. This may sound crazy but when I'm shooting my m2.0 I forget it's a 45 because of the soft recoil. It's primarily my night stand pistol so most of my shooting has been in the 7 to 12 yard range. When taking my time I have no problem holding some tight groups. With rapid double and triple taps center mass on silhouette targets, let's just say I would not want to be that target. Coming from a Glock background I find the M&P in my hands a lot more accurate than I ever was with Glocks. The m2.0 45 is a lot of fun to shoot, were my 9mm is just boring. So far zero issues with any ammunition I've put through any of my M&P's. Take care my friend and stay safe.
As i suspected...lol. Reason i asked, i have a glock 30S (45) and i never liked the grip on it. To fat, and the mag has a big gap between the mag base and frame that pinch`s my little finger, have gotten blood blisters just about every friggen time i would shoot it. I only keep it as a nightstand weapon, but i just dont see any reason to keep it when there are far better fitting guns in my hand. Not to mention, i have spent the extra money for a barrel for it just to shoot reloads out of it. For a gun that already cost`s $600+, then another $200 for a barrel just to shoot reloads, ridiculous. So i`m looking to maybe unload the 30S and try the m2.0 45. I just wanna do my homework on the m2.0 45 before i pull the trigger on buying one. I`m sure i would be happier with the m2.0 in 45 over this painful glock 30S i have. I bought a shield 45, and believe it or not, the recoil is way less than the glock 30S...!!! So the fullsize m2.0 in 45 should be even sweeter on the recoil than the 30S, and by a far margin at that...!!! I believe that it would be more accurate than the 30S too. Thank you Frank, i value your opinion... you stay safe to brother.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The m2.0 (45) should be a sweet gun in compact size... might wait for that to hit the shelves then buy that one too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All M&P's for me!

With the exception of a Ruger LCP II all of my guns are now M&Ps!

Top gun is my wife's .40 cal Performance Center nightstand gun, she likes the laser/light combo.

Second gun is my .40 cal Perfromance Center nightstand gun, I prefer the Trijicon red dot/with rail light.

Third gun is the living room Shield .45.

Bottom gun is my carry 9mm Performance Center Shield, I have a Lasermax for it but am awaiting the arrival of both an IWB and OWB holsters custom made for the laser addition before I put it on.

All have Blue Line Apex triggers and assemblies, all have hundreds of rounds through them and shoot great, love 'em.

Oh, and can't forget, bottom two have Talon grips on them, what a huge difference for the better!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I`m going to buy 3 more, the full size M2.0 in 45, and the M2.0 in compact, 9 & 45. Also waiting on the new PC M2.0`s release.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've done the whole Full M&P route, as I've owned just about every configuration of the M&P family. My next M&P will have to be a Pro Series m2.0 once they hit the market. Waiting..........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guess I'm and M&P guy now. I was going to get an M&P Shield .45 last month and ended up getting the full size instead. This month I got the Shield in 9mm. I haven't owned any firearm in almost 30 years.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I sold the .22 Compact M&P I had back at the beginning of this thread, and it has been replaced by a .40 PC Shield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I feel at home here as a fellow addict. I went from 1 to 9 M&P pistols in the last year. Consolidated all my rifle and pistol platforms. But my rifles are not M&P. Just unpacked my travel bag from vacation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've never been anybody's fanboy, I'll use whatever handgun best suits my particular needs.
Back in early April, I read a thread on another site about the current great prices on Shields plus the $75 rebate.
I had no interest in a Shield. I had no *need* for a Shield.
Bought a 9mm Shield as a cheap experiment, and....
I now own *3* 9mm Shields (used to be 4, gave one to my son who fancied it greatly) that have replaced everything else in my SD inventory, rotating between backup/training, EDC & nightstand duty.

Thought I was finished but saw a thread about a company selling new full size M&P 9mm's w/night sights and 3x17rd mags for $349(!) plus the new rebate that adds 2 mags, a couple of boxes of Hornady Critical Defense (meh) and a Caldwell-brand mag loader.
Shucks and other comments, I now have a full size M&P 9mm on the way! :whistle:

Tomac

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I've never been anybody's fanboy, I'll use whatever handgun best suits my particular needs.
Back in early April, I read a thread on another site about the current great prices on Shields plus the $75 rebate.
I had no interest in a Shield. I had no *need* for a Shield.
Bought a 9mm Shield as a cheap experiment, and....
I now own *3* 9mm Shields (used to be 4, gave one to my son who fancied it greatly) that have replaced everything else in my SD inventory, rotating between backup/training, EDC & nightstand duty.

Thought I was finished but saw a thread about a company selling new full size M&P 9mm's w/night sights and 3x17rd mags for $349(!) plus the new rebate that adds 2 mags, a couple of boxes of Hornady Critical Defense (meh) and a Caldwell-brand mag loader.
Shucks and other comments, I now have a full size M&P 9mm on the way! :whistle:

Tomac

LOL... you got bit by the M&P bug. I`m not brand loyal either... if i like something, i buy it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gee, what a difference a year makes. All my XDs are gone, and I now have all S&W M&Ps. I prefer the Gen 1s due to the beaver tail. Bought a M2.0 when they first came out, and gave it to my oldest kid. Didn't like how it sat in my hand without the beaver tail.

All now have Apex FSS and Trigger kits, and APEX barrels (old photo, V-tAC has APEX barrel and trigger upgrade now,too), except the bottom right M&P 40, which has the Storm barrel. The bottom left 9mm shield is stock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just recently picked up a M&P 45 2.0 full size with a 4.5" barrel.

It shoots extremely well, but I have only approx. 94 rounds through it. so got more shooting to do.

I already had the Shield 40 1.0 and two shield 2.0 45s. The 40 was a pita initially, but is not a very find shooter. The Shield 45 have been great out of the box and I rotate the daily as well as the 40.

Not a fan of 9mm although I have barrels for it and a Bersa 9mm.

For now, at my age and health I am probably finished with buying toys. I have 22 handguns and that is enough for me. Going to shoot much much more. Gotta play with the toys.

The full size 45 is going to get 200 more rounds through her tomorrow afternoon with a variety of ammo.

Now why do I keep researching other guns???????

·
Registered
209 Posts
Shield 9mm
9C v.1
Performance Center 9L with Trijicon SRO apex flat Faced trigger sear etc.
My main competition gun is a CZ Shadow 2 with an SRO on it though.
for USPSA I find steel framed guns are better for double tap shooting.
I wish S&W would put out a steel framed 9L like Walther did with the Q5

41 - 60 of 76 Posts