MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far my 9c has been absolutley perfect for 1000rds. .

Zero misfeeds , jams , mag drops , just boring holes in paper where the gun is pointed.

Has anyone else had the same expierience?

Really, I've fired this thing side ways , upside down , 12rd. mag , 17rd. mag , keeps going.

Yes hollow point and flat point reloads in the mix , no problems.

nunnya

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nunnya business.

Jk... keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm somewhere between 5000 and 6000 rounds without an incident. THat's not to say I didn't have problems, but that was before the first round was even fired and had it fixed by S&W

·
Registered
29 Posts
I second that, just point and shoot. Approximately 1300 rounds (I would have to check my log book for exact number) without an incident. The only thing that I have seen, is 2-3 times, while in my IWB holster, the mag has come free. I am sure I hit the mag release, but I have not seen this issue with my Kahr. It might be time to dremel the release a 1/16".

I did a torture test at about round 500. I went 250 rounds without cleaning and finally got a hang up on the feed ramp. Using dirty WWB ammo. It takes 10 minutes to field strip, clean, and evaluate so every 100 rounds, apart she comes. Unless IDPA requires more than 100 per session.

I had some mild trigger work done locally, that was a big improvement and worth every bit of the $65 bill.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
WaterWolf said:
I did a torture test at about round 500. I went 250 rounds without cleaning and finally got a hang up on the feed ramp. Using dirty WWB ammo.
What did your torture test consist of? Are you saying it was only 500 rounds? That's not very much at all, and your M&P should go well over 250 rounds before needing to be cleaned.

·
Registered
475 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='WaterWolf']I did a torture test at about round 500. I went 250 rounds without cleaning and finally got a hang up on the feed ramp. Using dirty WWB ammo.
What did your torture test consist of? Are you saying it was only 500 rounds? That's not very much at all, and your M&P should go well over 250 rounds before needing to be cleaned.[/quote]

Exactly. I didn't clean my G17 for almost 2 years. Shooting well over 5,000 rounds and probably closer to 7,000... before finally breaking it down completely and cleaning it.

I did break it down frequently to inspect it, but never put a brush, cloth or other cleaning device to it for those 2 years or so.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm sitting around 1170 rounds problem-free right now. The weapon failed to go completely into battery ONCE upon loading a fresh mag, but I had fired rounds the day before without lubing it afterwards. A dash of hoppes #9 and a slap on the rear of the slide sent her home cleanly with zero stoppages. Functioning was 100% smooth the whole day after that, and I cleaned it once we were all done.

I love my M&P9c, and it is BY FAR my favorite pistol. Maybe I'll get the full sized 9 for a Xmas gift [to myself]

I can't praise these pistols enough. They're butter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Choobost:

After I had fired 500 rounds, I stopped, no problems. Cleaned weapon. Then shot 250 rounds, mostly 115 WWB and 48 rounds of Winchester SXT 127 gr +p+. I had one stop on the feed ramp with the WWB at round 250 or so.

Winchester SXT +p+ out of a 9C will wake you up! However, very accurate.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im up to 950 rounds with zero problems! Today i took my firearm safety class where i actually learned how to shoot. And when the hobo behind the trigger does his job the .40c he wields is a damn accurate gun. Most of my groups were about 2.5 - 3 inches at 15 feet. But i got 2 groups that were just over an inch. OMahGawd!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts