MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot (no pun intended)...

...but I'm wondering if anyone on this board is from CT.

If so, can you give some advice on where I can get plugged in to an off-line community of like minded gun owners and possibly somewhere to shoot closer to my home in Manchester. (currently I have to drive to Wolf's in Bristol or to the S&W store in Springfield, MA...which is no good since I can't take my gun over the border)

I know there are websites like wheretoshoot.org but everything listed online is either a private "sportsman club" that wants you to be "sponsored" in order to join and/or they have no contact information listed online.

Again, sorry to waste a thread that wont apply to most people on this board, but I've become rather frustrated trying to research this on my own. I made the decision to get my CCW permit and buy my M&P on my own and researched everything online...but I don't have anyone that I can talk to locally when I have questions. Its kind of a bummer.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

·
Registered
36 Posts
S&W Shooting Center

I know for a fact that there are many Ct residences that have memberships at the Shooting Center

and bring their guns with them and only have CT LTCs. I believe as as long as you lock everything in the trunk and are going to a range for target shooting and have a LTC in your own state no issues.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: S&W Shooting Center

Z rider said:
I know for a fact that there are many Ct residences that have memberships at the Shooting Center

and bring their guns with them and only have CT LTCs. I believe as as long as you lock everything in the trunk and are going to a range for target shooting and have a LTC in your own state no issues.

I dunno, i mean, Mass is seems to be really annal about this stuff and I don't want to end up in jail.

chapter 140 Section 131G. Any person who is not a resident of the commonwealth may carry a pistol or revolver in or through the commonwealth for the purpose of taking part in a pistol or revolver competition or attending any meeting or exhibition of any organized group of firearm collectors or for the purpose of hunting; provided, that such person is a resident of the United States and has a permit or license to carry firearms issued under the laws of any state...

I know its a technicality, but if I'm going to the range to practice and not compete, there's a deference. Its a small difference but I don't know if I should take my chances. The NRA website says:

Caution--Massachusetts has enacted one of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, imposing a mandatory one-year jail sentence for anyone illegally possessing a firearm, loaded or unloaded

should i risk it?[/code]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts