MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful safe in my basement where I keep all my firearms and ammo. Problem being, if I was to every need one in a hurry, to get to the safe, open it and load a gun would be impossible. I'm trying to get some input from other gun owners. I don't have kids, so I'm not worried about little ones getting their hands on it but I am still concerned about a safe way to keep a gun in an easily retrievable place. I would love to hear any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like those, very nice mounts, Chooch, where did you get that? I'm in need of some info, is there a web site. Thanks so much

·
Registered
207 Posts
Benelli M1 Super90 bedside. Fitted with mag extension and surefire fore-end.

Glock model 20, bedside fitted with X200 and plenty of mags to go around

My M&P9mm wherever I put it for the night/day

and soon to be my S&W 340PD wherever I put it for the night/day

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fo all the great info, now I have to convince my wife I want to keep a loaded gun next to the bed.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I keep the Benelli M4 shotty loaded under the bed and soon the M&P 45. Neither with a round in the chamber though because I want somebody to hear me rack the shotgun and then the handgun. They'd probably think twice after that. That and racking a shotgun just sounds cool and it's a very distinct "you'd better get out of my house" sound.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
choochboost said:
I keep it here at night:

But I'll be switching to this rig:

God, I love that, saw them on a website, still thinks its cool...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I am always ready!!

when it comes to being prepared for a nightly visitor if this creature of the dark gets past my boxer, then my doberman/shepard mix I will have a choice of which weapon to use. I have all 3 of my weapons holding ammo. I have a 3 year old daughter and I make sure when they are loaded they are out of her reach.. I trust myself more than anyone else!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
M&P 40 on night-stand and Maverick 88 12ga pump w/ 20" bbl and 8-shot mag tube, in closet not three feet from where I sleep. :twisted:

·
Registered
13 Posts
IWB

On hand, at hand all waking hours, with in arms reach at night, C&L'd. Shot gun within easy reach, condition two, with a bandileer. Light with handgun. If things go bang in the night, may not be time to assess, evaluate and respond in a timely manner. For wife have several stashed at convenient places, all ready to go. 911 here has on additional number, a 1 in the front. Response times for any assistance isn't likely to do more than mop up. In life there are few guarintees beyond death and taxes and they ain't good either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a small nightstand that sits by my bed, it has an open area on the front where I keep my ammo box, and m&p box. I keep my M&P loaded in a holster at night, with a small, bright light next to it. Next to that, I have 3 shells sitting for my 20ga shotgun, which is right under my bed. I figure that 3 shells is all I'll need, with the pistol as a backup if shtf quickly.

I want any intruder to hear me pumping the shotgun.

I have quite a bit of time if someone gets in. My apartment has one entrance, and then a LONG hallway. I live in the 3rd room.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mossy 590 next to the bed.

My brother keeps an XD in a GunVault bolted to his dresser next to his bed. It works for him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts