MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a full size M&P .40 and love it. The reason for my question is that I won a Taurus gun of limited choice and I am trying to decide what to get. I was thinking about the PT-92, but the 24/7 looks ergo friendly and was just wondering if there are any owners of M&P FS that also have the 24/7 (or maybe just shot one) for a little a/b comparison.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sorry I've only held and dry fired a 24/7. It had a nice trigger but I hated the Heinie sights and there isn't much made to replace them. It you don't mind dot over dot sights then you could do a lot worse. Nothing wrong with the PT92 either, and the PT1911 is worth looking at. Everyone should own at least one 1911.
Anyway they all seem cut for Heinie sights only.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT1911.htm

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sholling, appreciate your input. I wish I could choose the 1911 - that is actually the gun that I won, but since it is not on Taurus' test list for CA, I have to choose another gun. Too bad, because I really liked the way 1911 shot. It had the straight 8 Heine sights as well and I actually kinda liked them.

The PT92 that I am interested in is the Special, with black frame & barrell and a stainless slide. Nice looking dual-tone. I sorta kinda miss the size of my Sigma... that is why the 24/7 and even the Mil Pro were starting to call my name. Oh well, guess I can't go wrong with a freebie!

Oh, and I have my one 1911 - an SW1911... but I need more. MORE I TELL YOU, MORE!

:twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
348 Posts
actually, i have the m&p's, 24/7, millenium pro in 45, pt1911 and taurus 92.

IMO, if you like the beretta platform, get the 92. It is rock solid

if you like the sigma, get the 24/7. just be prepared to keep it stock, not too many options out there

if you like the 45 platform, millenium pro is great, conceals as easy as a glock 27.

preference here. I have no problems trusting my like to the 24.7 easy to conceal and all....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts