MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search - didn't want to dup another post but anything I searched for on night sights came back with almost 300 posts to look at.

Anyway - anyone here only have the front sight - night sight or everyone have front AND rear?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now granted I have not changed my sights on my M&P yet, but on my G34, I have the Heinie Slant pro rear and a Tritium front.

I prefer for my competition gun to have the rear sights blacked out with only a dot in the front. With this set up, even in a low light scenario, I am able to not be distracted by the rear dots.

So yes, I prefer to have a night sight only on the front with the rear blacked out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think that its a great option for a carry gun. I for one, strongly dislike the novak type three dot system. and Prefer an all black rear sight with a nice wide notch.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My 9c has a tritium front with Dan Burwell rear sight. 45 has a tritium front with a Warren Tactical rear sight.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've not got them on my M&P 9mm yet, but have the XS Sights Big Dots on my G27. Both front and rear have tritium.

If I recall, due to the rear sight dimensions, XS was unable to put a tritium ampule in the rear site for the M&P. So they'd have the a Big Dot (or Standard Dot) with tritium and an express rear sight without tritium.

I'm not 100% on this though so please don't take this as gospel. Check with them to confirm................

·
Registered
36 Posts
skeleter is correct. I had Dan install the XS Big Dot Express sights. This set is tritium front and no tritium rear. They claim they cannot get a tritium insert in the back sight because there is not enough room. This is why there is not a 24/7 set for the MP.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts