MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member looking for fellow shooters in Tampa. I have an MP9c and I shoot at Shoot Straight Tampa and Shooting Sports. I'm interested in meeting other gun owners to learn from/shoot with.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Lots in the St Pete area. I'm a member and shoot competitively at the Wyoming Antelope Club, in NE St Petersburg, right across the CC Causeway.

Welcome to Tampa, and the forum.

Jeff

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome from St Petersburg. I generally shoot at the St. Petersburg Police Pistol Club since it is close to my home. I am looking for a decent outdoor range to shoot my AK.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im not in tampa, but a bit north in Port Richey, and shoot at an indoor range called The Firing line.... I wish we could find an outdoor range to practice other drills at and also shoot my long guns.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to see so many from the area. As I mentioned above, I'm new to guns and could benefit from some tips on how to shoot better. Anyone interested in shooting at Shoot Straight or Shooting Sports some time, PM me to set something up.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shooting Sports and Firing line are the ranges I frequent. If anyone wants a shooting partner I'm game.

S&W M&P40, M&P 40C, SW9VE, SW40VE

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just moved here in the beginning of March. I have not been able to go shooting since i got here. I live in Tampa too, just close to the Town N Country area. There is a new guns shop?firing range that is supposed to be opening next thursday (05/17/2012) named Florida Firearms Academy. I have also been looking for fellow M&P owners to shoot with and gain knowledge from. If anyone is close to me let me know and we can go blast a few.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Afish70, welcome to the area. I'm just north of town n country in the northdale area a couple of miles north of you. We have Shooting Sports on Dale Mabry just south of waters on the left as your heading south. The new place is something I will be checking out too. Let me know if you want to get together and run some rounds down range.

John

S&W M&P40, M&P 40C, SW9VE, SW40VE

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
I'll be threw there next week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Haven't been yet but going to check out firing line in the near future as its not too far from me. Any tips from the people who frequent it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
All of you near Tampa/St Pete need to check out the facilities near Clearwater Airport, called the Wyoming Antelope Club. Outdoor (covered) range from 5yds-100yds. 7 "Action Shooting" Bays out back, NRA Bullseye range. Check the website, WyomingAntelopeClub.org. They have competition shooting (friendly) about 3-5 nights per week, pistol, carbine, shotgun, IDPA, USPSA, Steel, Archery, etc...

PM me for details, and come shoot a Friday "funshoot" USPSA match with your M&P. It's a "loose" USPSA match with 3 stages (about 60-75 rounds), and newbies are free. Regular match fees are $6-12.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
^^^ Thats the range Im going to go to shoot at when I get my replacement M&P:yes

I like outdoor better than the stuffy indoor ranges. I am new to guns/shooting so Id like to go spectate one of the nights you hold those matches to try and learn some stuff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts