MP-Pistol Forum banner

Anyone received their free magazines from S&W?

17K views 95 replies 50 participants last post by  pilotdane 
#1 ·
I bought an M&P9c June 16th - mailed my paperwork off the next day for the 2 free magazines - have not received them yet (I expect it will take at least a month or so)

I am wondering if either of the mags will included the finger extension "thingy" - or will they both be the standard type.

I want to order a couple 17 rounders for the 9c - just in case they get banned - and would like a spare mag with the finger extension - can I buy the extension as a separate item and install it on one of my free mags - or do I need to buy a whole new mag?

Anyone know.

#3 ·
I gave S&W a call today - and ask them a few questions -One was - would I get standard or with extension - magazines - they said - I would get one of each.

I thought I would like the ones with the extension better - but after shooting 240 rounds - I like the shorter ones better. Think I will carry the shorter one.

#4 ·
Hi,

I just recieved my free mags for my MP9c. Maybe enough people have called SW for an extra finger ext. or two because they sent my free mags, both 12 rounders, with finger extensions. This is fine with me as I was wanting them anyway. I sent in my coupon on or around 6/11 and received them today 6/27, that's quick. Now, just waiting on the range bag. BTW as this is my first post I'd like to say hello to everyone and that I love the gun and recently put 70 rounds through it with no problems shooting CCI blazer brass 115 gr FMJ. Hope the performance stays that way. Great forum here that I hope to visti often.

PP

#6 ·
Got mine today. Paperwork said M&P40c 10 round mag. Received Sigma 40 VE 10 ropund mags. :roll:

Nice man in Customer service said "send them back to me with my name on it and I'll get you the right ones"

And I was so looking to taking it out this weekend and breakin it in so I can start carrying it.

Oh well what's another week or 2?

#10 ·
I got mine yesterday. Took roughly 2 weeks.

#18 ·
El Cid said:
How closely do they match the serial numbers up with what you request? I ask because I don't need four 12rd mags... I am tempted to check the block for the 17rd mags even though the gun is a compact. Thoughts?

I've read a couple of posts about some guys do that very same thing. I'm not really sure how it turned out for them, so you may want to search the threads for the answer. I'm not sure why Smith would care either way, with the exception of shipping to states that have high cap bans.

#19 ·
ravedavewave said:
[quote name='El Cid']How closely do they match the serial numbers up with what you request? I ask because I don't need four 12rd mags... I am tempted to check the block for the 17rd mags even though the gun is a compact. Thoughts?

I've read a couple of posts about some guys do that very same thing. I'm not really sure how it turned out for them, so you may want to search the threads for the answer. I'm not sure why Smith would care either way, with the exception of shipping to states that have high cap bans.[/quote]

I was afraid if things don't match up they would just reject the whole form and I would end up with nothing. IMO 4 mags for a gun is about the minimum anyway. I plan to pick up a 17 round mag for my M&P9c at a gun show on Saturday.

#20 ·
Free mags were in todays mail - both have the pinky extension - now I need to order some standard mag base plates -

I looked on the S&W web site - its not real clear what they call them - mag butt plate HC? Anyone know for sure?

S&W told me that they would send one of each - they must be out of standard base plate mags.

#23 ·
#26 ·
first come first served

Just recieved my 2 free mags today and they already had the pinky extension on both. seeing as i got 2 pinky extensions in the mail seperatly I have one leftover and it doesnt make sense to sell something that was given to me first to respond to this pm me your address and i will drop it in for you!!!! ready set go BTW this is one FREE pinky extension not the mag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.