·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite lead load?

One that has worked for me is:

155 gr. Meister LSW, 8.2 gr. Accurate No.7

Also, 155 gr. Meister LSW, 5 gr. Bullseye

Currently testing a couple other powders.

Not much data out there for 155 gr. LSW though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Precision (www.precisionbullets.com) 185 gr. RNF w/ 4.5 gr WST. Primer manufacturer doesn't matter since I got my new striker installed. A lot of us were having trouble with CCI primers. General consensus was they are "harder" than others. New striker has resolved this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to the range today and the winners are:

"Use at your own risk!"

155 gr. LSW Meister Bullet with 5.0 gr. Bullseye

155 gr. LSW Meister Bullet with 5.7 gr. Win 231

Just started experimenting with 40 loads so more to come.

Ran out of Meister bullets, so I will also be trying a different brand.

Also I had just put a Burwell rear sight on this week and I have to

say my groups showed improvement.

Not sure if it was the weather, sights, loads whatever.

It was one of those days when you fire your first mag and

know it's going to be a good range session.

·
Registered
936 Posts
tawasjeff said:
Precision 185gr RN. 4.2gr Titegroup.
whats your oal with those, TRhats about my load for my para limited gun, but I got it loaded kinda long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
olyeller said:
[quote name='tawasjeff']Precision 185gr RN. 4.2gr Titegroup.
whats your oal with those, TRhats about my load for my para limited gun, but I got it loaded kinda long.[/quote]

That sounds like quite a bit of Titegroup. What muzzle velocity are you getting? I only need 676fps with that bullet weight to make pf for IDPA Stock Service Pistol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
936 Posts
in my 5" para limited gun, 4.1g TG barely makes major at 830, if I can recall, behind 185gr precision bullets, so yes, 4.2 is a lot for a ssp or production pistol.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've gone through almost 500 Oregon Trail 155 RNSWC. Accuracy is okay, though leading is a small problem. I haven't tried Trailboss or the other wonder powders for lead yet. I think I might go Meister for my next lead order. I like the hardness of their 93 gr. 9x18 RN's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lead

Can you shoot lead bullets in the mp 9mm.I shoot mostly cowboy loads.I heard the other day you can't shoot lead bullets in the M&P's.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: lead

hershey said:
Can you shoot lead bullets in the mp 9mm.I shoot mostly cowboy loads.I heard the other day you can't shoot lead bullets in the M&P's.

whoever told you that was misinformed.

I've been shooting oregon trail bullets almost exclusively for a little while now in my 9mm

·
Registered
17 Posts
Machgt-lead

Hey Machgt I thought you could lead shoot in them just wanna be sure.I don't know what would make the difference.Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts