MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the Remington 165 gram Golden Saber Brass Jacketed Hollow Point was of equal standard of the Black Talon and Remington had killed a black bear with the Golden Saber with good effects.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
FYI it's grains, not grams. 165 grams is almost 2500 grains. That's a HUGE bullet.

as for black talon's being obsolete, they were rebranded as winchester ranger T, and are on the list you linked to chooch.

Bullet technology doesn't move that fast.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm carrying them. I like the weight, a little more than 155 and a little less than 180. I like the low flash of the powder that Remington uses. Other than that, it's just a personal thing, no "hard facts" or etc to back up my warm and fuzzy about them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
raz-0 said:
FYI it's grains, not grams. 165 grams is almost 2500 grains. That's a HUGE bullet.

as for black talon's being obsolete, they were rebranded as winchester ranger T, and are on the list you linked to chooch.

Bullet technology doesn't move that fast.

There have been atleast three different generation of the Ranger T series since the Black Talon was out.

BKVic

·
Registered
107 Posts
165 grain Golden Saber shoots very acurately in my M&P. I reload them for hunting deer, cats, and dogs. They perform well. For carry I use Federal 165 grain EFMJ.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to carry this exact ammo in my 45. Never had a problem with accuracy and have never read anything bad about it. I say, if you like it, carry it!!

-J

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
A good round is important, but not very!

First, you need a gun. Then the mental state! Then you need to be able to draw and place your shots.

A well place 22lr will beat a sloppy 500S&W everytime!!

Just a few excerpts from an article I read years back :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have GS in 185 for .45acp works great! I dont think anyone is going to walk away with one in the center mass! :roll:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our dept. issues 185 bonded sabers for duty(for SW99). I bought some 165 for MP40c, have not shot many through it but so far so good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts