MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about one of these for my 40c to keep bedside.

Any experiences with X2L's or other Insight products that you can share?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I will be watching this thread. I am interested in a light for my .40c also. It seems that at least for now, not many fit.

Ron

·
Registered
910 Posts
For nighttime bedside duties my 9c has a tlr-1 on it. Looks goofy as hell since like half sticks off the front, but it was free with the purchase of an EOtech 553 from Botach so at that cost I can't complain. I would like a light that fits better, but I'm not spending $250+ on a flashlight.

·
Registered
471 Posts
josh, can you by change post a picture of your 9c with the tlr-1 on it? I thought we tried one of those a couple of days ago at the range store here and it did not fit. Did yours just slip on and lock or do you have the cross member in front of the mounting area?

I really would like a light that uses LED technology if possible.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just recieved my TLR-2 today. I wanted one with the laser for job reasons and i love it
I had to change the key on it so that it would fit the rail on my fullsize 40. It comes with the glock key from the factory so it wont fit the first try out of the box. I also found when putting it on and taking it off if you push the tension screw it is real easy to slip on and off.

·
Registered
910 Posts
ront said:
josh, can you by change post a picture of your 9c with the tlr-1 on it? I thought we tried one of those a couple of days ago at the range store here and it did not fit. Did yours just slip on and lock or do you have the cross member in front of the mounting area?

I really would like a light that uses LED technology if possible.

Thanks, Ron

Yeah, the cross bar is in from of the cut-outs on the bottom of the gun. So I'm sure if I tried I could pull really hard and yank it straight off by pulling away from the end of the barrel, but if you tighten it down good I can hold onto the tlr and shake the hell out of it and it doesn't budge. USB cord is at my folk's house, but I'll take some pics and have them up for you by tomorrow night.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Here's an extremely high quality( :roll: ) cell phone pic for now. I realize no photo would probably be better.

Edited: Here's one with it on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MP Dick said:
I'm thinking about one of these for my 40c to keep bedside.

Any experiences with X2L's or other Insight products that you can share?

Yes..I have the X2 on my 40c. Looks good...very good. the light is halogen, and the x2 only uses one cr123 battery. Light out put is not bad, considering that the TLR I use for duty is LED and uses 2 cr123 batteries

V

·
Registered
270 Posts
I use the X2L on my compact 9c...fits good and is a very nice light...hers a few pics..they are not great,but I hope they are helpful.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like this little light alot.I really wanted the laser that is why I went with the X2L..It fits the compact great.Like it was made for it.The only issue I have(which is no big deal)is that it has a slight bit of movement from front to back...It's not sloppy by any means.side to side,up and down are very snug.This light will definately not go anywhere.I called Insight and they told me that the lock bar was intended for a Glock and that they would give my feedback to research and developement.So hopefully they will make a replacement bar for the S&W..If I had to do it again I would buy it with no hesitation,its awesome for the money! And the replacement battery is (1) CR2 not a CR123.The battery is shorter..about 5-6 bucks at Walmart.....hope this helps!

·
Registered
471 Posts
josh, thanks for the pictures. They were just fine!!

PENS-66, not trying to be nosy, but how much did you pay for your light? I emailed Insight yesterday and asked if they had anything besides the X2 that would fit the Compact. I would rather have an LED light if possible. I had an email this morning saying that the SSL would fit. I emailed them back and asked again just to confirm that it does fit the Compact. It looks like a nice light also. I will let you all know what I find out.

Ron

·
Registered
255 Posts
ront said:
josh, thanks for the pictures. They were just fine!!

PENS-66, not trying to be nosy, but how much did you pay for your light? I emailed Insight yesterday and asked if they had anything besides the X2 that would fit the Compact. I would rather have an LED light if possible. I had an email this morning saying that the SSL would fit. I emailed them back and asked again just to confirm that it does fit the Compact. It looks like a nice light also. I will let you all know what I find out.

Ron

I don't doubt that Insight told you that it would fit, but I do doubt that they understood that it was for the M&P Compact versus the full-size. The SSL-1 looks to be the same size as the other tac lights and I doubt it would fit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Tungsten said:
I don't doubt that Insight told you that it would fit, but I do doubt that they understood that it was for the M&P Compact versus the full-size. The SSL-1 looks to be the same size as the other tac lights and I doubt it would fit.

I am with you Tungsten!! That is why I emailed them back and was VERY SPECIFIC about it fitting the Compact. I think it looks too big also!!

Ron

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ron....I also say that the SSL will not fit the compact...The X2L fits great! I paid $168.00 for mine at the local Uniform supply store...A couple weeks later I saw one at the gun show for $140.00...thats a great price compared to the M6 laser that goes for well over 200...Granted it my not be as brite but for inside my home its perfect!

·
Registered
910 Posts
So, the tlr-1 would be a no-go. I took it to ATP today and on about the 5th shot it came flying off the front. I thought to myself, "Wow that bullet casing looked huge..." That's when I looked down to see it bouncing off the floor. "D'oh!"

Guess I'll just have to buy a fullsixe to throw it on.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I also heard back from Insight and the SSL-1 is a no go

Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts