MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for any info on recoil reducers on the 40. Im just about pullin my hair out on the subject.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I canceled on getting the dpm after the reviews here. I have considered the magnaporting though.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The recoil from even a M&P45 isn't really all that intense. What issue are you trying to solve? Straight back recoil can be mitigated with a good pair of shooting gloves. Mag-Na-Porting reduces muzzle flip but I don't think it can be used in IDPA.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No porting in IDPA. Shoot it and get used to it the m&p .40 shoots very flat as good as some of my $3000 .40s Very fast double taps should be acheived with practice.

·
Registered
673 Posts
mad212 said:
I canceled on getting the dpm after the reviews here. I have considered the magnaporting though.

Same here. Just shoot more and get used to it... :wink: :wink: 8)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
recoil doesn't bother me one bit, but the woman of the house can't shoot it with out it almost taking her out lol!! I think magnaporting would just scare the crap out of her.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't see the problem in recoil. Maybe its your shooting style, stance or grip.

Or maybe you just need to practice more. Don't we all. 8)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I get the feeling, on the Internet, that when people talk about various degrees of "recoil", they are mostly really talking about muzzle-flip. Handgun recoil by itself is never really that much of a problem - I think people are generally looking for an (easy) way to reduce the muzzle jumping up off target.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts