MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had struggled with whether or not to swap out the trigger on my M&P 2.0C 40S&W since soon after getting it.

I didnt have an issue with the trigger action or pull, not the best by far but certainly not the worst and the reset was nice if that sort of thing is important to you. So I just didnt hate it enough or think it impeded my ability to shot it well enough to spend money and time on it.

It was better than average for out of the box plastic gun triggers. However .. I came to detest the hinged trigger shoe.

For months I scoured the net .. ok .. I looked off and on and was shocked to see how little support there was for such an awesome gun. I think I found one place that had just a replacement trigger and in their quest to make the trigger action "improved" they did something with the geometry that meant the trigger spring was stretched so for me it was no go.

I kept reading about the Apex flatty and just couldnt bring myself to spend nearly $200. My issues werent $200 worth.

Then I found this

Still double what I wanted to spend on a trigger whose action I didnt hate but the trigger shoe had to go so found several of the kits with poly trigger on ebay at 113.00 plus tax and free shipping. The same kits with aluminum trigger are running $147 on ebay. I went with the poly.

Fairly easy install if you do it a section at a time and there are several videos available for reference.

ONE IMPORTANT THING TO NOTE .. The slide lock lever has to be IN PLACE before you drop the locking block in.

So outside of installing the pin for the lock block on reassembly and realizing I would have to pull the pins to put the slide lock lever in place ..not an issue. Pretty simple gun to work on.

Results! Alright .. I was happy with the action before so didnt know what all the "extra" bits were going to give me but .. I am here to tell you its pretty amazing. one downside is the reset doesnt have the same resounding "Thwack" but outside of that .. it is a vast improvement over the stock action and I am thrilled to be rid of the hinged trigger. The reset now is seemingly right off the frame and there is no weird spongy pickup as you approuch the wall and while the take up isnt super short .. and I wouldn't want it to be on a carry gun .. it is significantly reduced. The break is still stiff and I actually prefer that on all my guns but it also is reduced. It just kind of snicks through. Its pretty sweet and makes my sub $500 gun feel like some of my more expensive handguns.

All in all .. the $113 was well spent and the kit was worth the money and easy to install with no special tools. It is different enough to make a difference in your shooting. Times are tough but if $113 wont break the bank and you have a 3/32 punch and optional brass punch to drift ... do it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've installed a couple of the full trigger kits in my 2.0's. I thought it was a big difference. The one in the 9MM rivals the SA triggers in many of my CZs. And it's better than some of them. Better than the XDs, the Glocks, etc.

Can't complain about any aspect of them. Makes the pistol more enjoyable to shoot. Makes me less satisfied with the trigger in the 1.0 Shields.

The thing that improved the accuracy of my 2.0 9MM was an Apex barrel. I wish they made one for .40's.

And now you know more about your pistol. You understand how the internal parts fit/function.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the proof is in the goulash! Went out yesterday with a buddy and did timed drills with single and multiple targets from the holster and did a few rounds of more target focused training. almost 4 hours of shooting. I didnt change anything about how I shoot. The only difference was the trigger enhancement. Groups at speed through all distances were far better. Awesome ergos and now an awesome trigger. Nifty gun!!

Certainly worth the 113.00 even if I didnt want to throw 113.00 at the gun. Glad I did it now.

·
Registered
M&P, Glock 1911?
10 Posts
Hmmm, You mentioned you wouldn't carry it as a "duty" type trigger.

Apex told me it's the one they recommend for Duty/Carry use.

Is there a way to adjust the trigger to meet a more Duty/carry use?

I'm still going to try it though. I appreciate your time and input doing this and sharing it with us.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, You mentioned you wouldn't carry it as a "duty" type trigger.

Apex told me it's the one they recommend for Duty/Carry use.

Is there a way to adjust the trigger to meet a more Duty/carry use?

I'm still going to try it though. I appreciate your time and input doing this and sharing it with us.
I don't know what would change to make it unsuitable for duty. It's their " duty,carry" trigger kit. The break isn't significantly lighter so I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a carry gun and will. Everything is just smoother and with the weirdness taken out and the break is a little less but I bet not by much

·
Registered
M&P, Glock 1911?
10 Posts
My apologies man, I totally miss read the first post and thought you made mention that you would not carry it on duty.

Carry-on as usual,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My apologies man, I totally miss read the first post and thought you made mention that you would not carry it on duty.

Carry-on as usual,
No worries .. I highly recommend it . I would absolutely write if I thought the changes should be relegated to a gaming gun and not a carry. Nope .. I plan on carrying it.

I am a long time gunny and tinker so I try and be honest if I review something

If the price doesnt scare you off and your not afraid of digging around in your gun .. go for it!! It really is a big difference. Made a good gun awesome.

Just rememebr about the slide lock lever .. grrrrr what a pain in the arse to have to pull out the lock block after I had everything so neatly in place .. except for the slide lock lever of course!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts