MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, recently purchased my first gun, an MP 9 2.0 4.25" for home defence, and as per many suggestions changed the trigger to the APEX Flat Faced Forward Kit which made the gun that much more awesome.

As I practiced to learn how to properly use a gun, I really enjoyed it so have been shooting quite a bit and am planning on trying out competitions. I have been adviced to start on the IPSC Production Division in which I can´t use the APEX flat faced trigger, but he improved internals should be ok.

My question is, can I use the stock MP9 2.0 trigger with the APEX forward set sear actuator? The rest of components are fine as APEX sells a kit with just these, but have not been able to find any comments on the forward set sear actuator which I think is one of the parts that makes the most difference.

I know I could just change the triggers and try it out but, want to avoid switching them on the trigger bar just yet as it's a pain, so want to see if someone has tried this before or there are any opinions on the matter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
M&P9C 2.0 C.O.R.E.
3 Posts
Just do a match or two in Open division and see if you even enjoy it before you start tweaking to conform to a rule book. Just have fun and don't worry about competitiveness for at least several matches, since you aren't going to be competitive when you're just starting out and figuring out how things run. You may even find that you'd like an optic for the faster target acquisition, which'll put you in Open anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The stock M2.0 trigger will most likely not work with the Apex forward set actuator. I experimented once and it did not work. No reset and dead trigger. The Apex forward set kit including the trigger body and actuator are truly designed to work together

1 - 4 of 4 Posts