MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an M&P9 2.0 Metal Frame and was wondering if anyone has installed the Apex sear/sear spring and strike block/spring from the polymer 2.0 guns in one of them. Did they work properly? I have those Apex parts I removed from a 2.0 Compact before I sold it and wanted to install them in my new Metal Frame but wanted to check that there is no problem doing so.

I called Apex and they were hesitant to give their approval as they haven't done a lot of testing. That may be their lawyers more than the techies talking.
I also called S&W and was told the internals are identical in the Metal Frame and polymer frame guns and my visual inspection says this is correct so the Apex parts should work fine, right? Finally, I called Timney to ask if their M&P triggers also worked in the Metal Frames and was told they work in any M&P which says there is no difference.

Am I missing anything?

BTW, S&W says the Metal Frames have a new "improved" sear that gives a better trigger pull. Not true, at least in my gun. The OEM trigger pull is 6 pounds with a noticeable amount of creep just like my older M&P 2.0s The Apex sear and strike block should greatly improve this as they have with other M&Ps I've owned.

· Registered
147 Posts
Kinda along the same lines, I just bought a sear block assembly for the new metal M&P that I plan on putting in my polymer 2.0 compact. Should be here Friday and I know it'll work because the guy I got it from says it will and he's never been wrong yet.

The internals are the same, except the sear is improved in the metal version. Allegedly anyway.

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts