MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know there's many discussions on here about different apex combos. But I have a full-size .40 and I am thinking about getting an apex duty/carry kit, with a RAM. Does anyone else have this combo? If so how do you like it whats it like?
Or if anyone else has any combos they really like I'd like to see your input!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same setup I have and I can't say enough about it. The gritty trigger feel is gone, the takeup is much cleaner and shorter, and the break is nice and crisp. Add the RAM for the trigger reset and it's absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, thanks man.
One last thing.
New to the forum as of about an hour ago.
How do you know when someone has said something on your thread besides just going back and checking? Lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think I got it now.
I guess I'll be ordering my duty/carry and RAM kit here in a week or so.
And also some trijicon HD night sights.
Shoot on fellas!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I installed the duty carry kit and RAM on my 9c and 40c. Made the trigger smoother and a more pronounced and predictable reset. I recommend both.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the comp kit on my FS 40. The trigger pull was way too light for my personal target shooting and occasional shooting at metal targets.

Changed back to the stock trigger spring. I think it gives me around 4lbs, and I really like it. Added the RAM. Although the reset is not near as good as an XD or stock Shield, it is still better than without the RAM.

I did add the DCAEK to my Shield and am very impressed.

I say go for it, and on the FS ad the RAM as well.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I have the Apex FSS kit and RAM's on all of my Full size guns. Love them. After installing the first one, I installed on all of them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Apex FSS kit and RAM's on all of my Full size guns. Love them. After installing the first one, I installed on all of them.
And what does that make the trigger like? I've heard the FSS makes it similar to a 1911 which I have not shot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think the long trigger pull is an issue, it's more of a preference thing. Many people have said they love the M&P trigger feel with DCAEK and RAM, and much fewer people have installed the FSS and Apex trigger. I think with the lower trigger pull weight (after installing Apex parts), you wouldn't want to have a shorter travel on a gun with no safety. The FSS and Apex trigger would be for a competition-only gun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's not what I'd want then, I plan on moving to Indiana in May, and when I finally turn 21 (still a youngster :( ) getting my CCW. So I don't want something too light to carry. I plan on my FS .40 M&P serving as my EDC and HD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Long story short: got the APEX DCAEK + RAM installed on my 9mm full size, and after shooting it promptly ordered the same thing for my 9c which I'm currently waiting on it to arrive. For me it was a drastic improvement across the board. Especially the reset, but the trigger pull was much improved IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts