MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
Welcome! I moved this post to a better place to get an answer, the previous location isn't intended for asking questions, only introductions. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would say yes, but since I bought an Apex Shield trigger upgrade, I might have a bit of purchase bias. People will validate their decisions all the time with recommendations to others.

Truly you need to shoot a stock, but worn in trigger, against an Apex enhanced trigger.

I say yes, but you might prefer to spend the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say yes, but since I bought an Apex Shield trigger upgrade, I might have a bit of purchase bias. People will validate their decisions all the time with recommendations to others.

Truly you need to shoot a stock, but worn in trigger, against an Apex enhanced trigger.

I say yes, but you might prefer to spend the money elsewhere.
Ok thanks for the reply

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is it worth spending the 100.00 on the shield trigger upgrade? Thanks
I guess it depends on how unhappy you are with your trigger. I read that there was Night/Day difference. Had I expected that I would have been disappointed, but I didn’t, and I am not disappointed.

However, mine is on a Performance Center C.O.R.E. that had a terrible trigger, not a Shield.

I would suggest that if you are doing to spend $100, you spend $160 and get the full Apex Action Enhancement Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit. Something to think about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put the APEX Duty carry kit in my Shield 9. It was worth it to me because I shoot more accurately with the kit installed. It is much more fun to shoot when your groups are tighter. But if your firearm is just for self defense and you don't do any target shooting,it might not be worth it to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it worth spending the 100.00 on the shield trigger upgrade? Thanks
I really think it improved mine. I have a 1.0 that I bought from a friend with about 500 rounds with stock trigger. I bought just the trigger and had improved feel and accuracy. I also have a PC Shield and I will say it has a pretty good trigger but the Apex breaks cleaner.
5CA8C66E-DFC8-4BA6-AE7B-C1F5855981B0.jpeg

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would say no. I think it truly comes down to the purpose of said firearm. I still carry my bone stock (bought in 2007) Gen1 M&P 9mm full size with the exception of sights. After several thousand rounds down range and multiple competitions. I guess I got used to the trigger and (for me) it functions just fine. Could it be better in comparison to my X5 legion, oh yeah! My suggestion is to save the 100 learn the weapon system as it was built and then decide which route you want to go ... not knocking Apex at all. I have another M&P with it and it is pretty sweet. I also have another, that I've polished the sear on per Mr. Burwell's instructions, and it's pretty nice too. For carry though, I tend to stick in the lane of how it came out of the box. Just me though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed over to the Apex flat trigger, it works much better for me. Hand size can be a factor. I've been shooting 1911's with long triggers for a very long time, the stock trigger in the Shield was a pain for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my opinion it’s a waste of money. I had 2 Shields and customized one and kept the other stock. After doing the Apex and changing the sights, I traded it and kept the original one. I recently bought a new 2.0 Shield 9 because of the trigger and factory green laser. My older and original Shield 9 is still the best one, my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you can see there is a lot of personal preference involved on this subject.
I have done two apex shield trigger Upgrades. Both were full kits and not just triggers.
I have a lot of experience with 1911 pistols so a shorter trigger with clean break and short reset was more to my liking.
My shield has a thumb safety so a lighter trigger is what I wanted and I don’t feel like I am making the weapon less safe.
As they say, “Your mileage may vary”.
For me I felt like it was worth it on a 1.0 shield.
One of my sons bought a 2.0 shield with no thumb safety and that trigger is pretty good. He doesn’t mind the curved trigger but I prefer a flat one. Probably because of my history with 1911s.
No matter what you decide someone will disagree with you. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2.0 9mm Sheild .Got a Apex trigger on mine but, seems you cant get a flat trigger on the 2.0 The 1.0, yes. Just not the 2.0. I've got used to the FLAT FACED trigger I bought from Apex . Anyways, I just have one question. Why can you put a flat trigger on the 1.0 but , not the 2.0 ?? The trigger is flat faced but, it's not a flatty. Thanks up front . Richard .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts