MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I will be putting an Apex trigger in my 2.0 Compact 4”. Has anyone put one in themselves? I’m wondering if it is pretty easy to do. The Apex website has a video on how to install, looks pretty basic but for someone like myself who’s never done it before, maybe not so much.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes, it is pretty easy and I've done it on three of my own guns, one older full size 1.0 and two 2.0 models. It's quite straight forward. Note that the sear replacement is different for the 2.0 than the 1.0 so be sure to view the correct Apex Video. The 2.0 9mm and .40S&W guns use the same set up as the 1.0 .45ACP.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Installed one on the 2.0 5" FDE 9MM and loved it.

Ordered a 2.0 .45 acp and ordered the Apex trigger kit before the pistol even got here. Installed it as well. Great trigger feel but not quite like the 9MM. Still great, just different.

The worst/hardest thing is driving that pin fully into the trigger - so be sure (as suggested previously) to watch that Apex Tactical video on installing a 2.0 trigger kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know if it relates to your model of gun, but Hammer Striker on youtube also has a very good and detailed how to on installing the Apex FSS trigger into a 2.0....might give another perspective for you on how he does it vs the Apex folks.

SB

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've never installed an Apex trigger in my M&Ps since I find the factory trigger quite satisfactory. I have just installed the Apex replacement sear and Ultimate Striker Block in all three guns and together they give a huge improvement in the trigger pull.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've never installed an Apex trigger in my M&Ps since I find the factory trigger quite satisfactory. I have just installed the Apex replacement sear and Ultimate Striker Block in all three guns and together they give a huge improvement in the trigger pull.
A huge improvement on the 2.0s ? I can understand a big improvement on the older M&Ps, but the 2.0s are supposed to be a much improved trigger. I want to keep the stock curved trigger on my 2.0. Don't like the Glock style safety blades in triggers at all, but if the Apex sear and striker block makes a big improvement in the 2,0, I might try it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
A huge improvement on the 2.0s ? I can understand a big improvement on the older M&Ps, but the 2.0s are supposed to be a much improved trigger.
Yes the 2.0 models have better, cleaner trigger pulls than the 1.0s. But the pull weights were still too high at 5-1/2 and 6-1/2 pounds on my guns to suit me and there was a slight "bump" as the trigger bar pushed the striker block out of the way. The Apex sear and striker block reduced them to 3-3/4 and 4 pounds and the "bump" is gone. The difference is very noticable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes the 2.0 models have better, cleaner trigger pulls than the 1.0s. But the pull weights were still too high at 5-1/2 and 6-1/2 pounds on my guns to suit me and there was a slight "bump" as the trigger bar pushed the striker block out of the way. The Apex sear and striker block reduced them to 3-3/4 and 4 pounds and the "bump" is gone. The difference is very noticable.

Ok, thanks much.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I used an Apex CAEK for my first foray into upgrading M&P pistols. After that, I’ve always done exactly as you note. Installing the sear, striker block, and their springs, while leaving the stock trigger in, has always provided a nice 3 1/4-3 1/2# trigger pull.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all,
I will be putting an Apex trigger in my 2.0 Compact 4”. Has anyone put one in themselves? I’m wondering if it is pretty easy to do. The Apex website has a video on how to install, looks pretty basic but for someone like myself who’s never done it before, maybe not so much.

Thanks,
Mike
Same thing with me. My laptop was my tutor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes the 2.0 models have better, cleaner trigger pulls than the 1.0s. But the pull weights were still too high at 5-1/2 and 6-1/2 pounds on my guns to suit me and there was a slight "bump" as the trigger bar pushed the striker block out of the way. The Apex sear and striker block reduced them to 3-3/4 and 4 pounds and the "bump" is gone. The difference is very noticeable
OK Smith Shooter, I have the Apex site up. Looks like the machined sear is $42.00 and the striker block is $36.00, plus $12.00 shipping. That's about $90.00. I sure hope you are right about it being worth it.

Ordered the Duty/Carry kit with the springs included.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
OK Smith Shooter, I have the Apex site up. Looks like the machined sear is $42.00 and the striker block is $36.00, plus $12.00 shipping. That's about $90.00. I sure hope you are right about it being worth it.

You may have just messed up.

Both the sear and striker block come with springs included. The DCAEK also includes a heavier than standard trigger return spring. That’s the very reason I just order a sear and striker block. I have multiple M&Ps with those two Apex parts installed.

Here’s a free tip; if you want a lighter trigger pull, don’t install the trigger return spring that’s in the DCAEK. It’ll add a pound back to the pull that you’ll achieve by just installing the sear, striker block, and their Apex springs.

·
Registered
514 Posts

You could have saved a fair amount by ordering from Brownells or Midway instead of directly from Apex. Kit price is a bit less and the shipping is only $5.

Apex prices the individual sear and striker block so that the complete kit with the springs, etc. is nearly the same the cost.

I think you will agee it was worth it after you get it installed. Apex sells a lot of these kits for good reason.

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK guys, I checked the the prices on Midway and Brownell's. Both are $4 and some change less than Apex, and probably the shipping is less. But, Midway is not answering ANY phone calls, and they will ship when they have time. Don't know about Brownell's shipping, but in my experience it has never been fast. I called Apex with questions twice yesterday neither time did I have to wait to speak with someone. Spoke with 2 different people who were both courteous and helpful. Placed the order on the second call yesterday afternoon, and I just received a notice that it has been shipped, with a tracking number. That is what I call excellent service and it's worth the slightly higher price to me. The shipping price-well that is a pet peeve of mine. Those little parts could be mailed first class in a small padded envelope for probably less than $2.00.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Smith Shooter, the Apex kit arrived today. Just installed the sear and striker block this afternoon. I will say the trigger pull is improved noticeably. It was a beotch getting the rear sight out, but once I did, I decided I was going to make it much easier to get back in. Stoned the hight point and It will now slide in easily with fingers only. Going to have to lock tight it for carry.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Apex makes great stuff (have their trigger kits in 3 of my M&PPs and strikers in two of my FNS slides).

I commented on the FN Forum about the trigger pull/feel changing when I installed the Apex strikers in the FNS slides and within a hour or so I had a PM from one of the Apex guys asking for details on my comments. We traded pm's a couple times as I did some polishing on the dog leg of the sear and returned the trigger pull/feel to what it had been.

Quick to try to help you if you have an issue with their stuff. Great videos on their web site, too (on how to install their parts/kits or trouble shoot issues).

·
Registered
46 Posts
More questions: I did not installed the kit provided sear spring. Is it different than the factory sear spring? And what is that yellow thing for? Is that what they call a slave pin in the Apex parts description?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts