MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low on YOU TUBE, for a video to disassemble an M&P FS 1.0 and to install an APEX trigger. I don't need a video on tearing down the MP and installing ALL of the internal parts. I want a video on ONLY installing the trigger, then putting the gun back together.
PLEASE, can someone post a link for me? THANK YOU! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, there is a heavy sear spring that comes with the trigger. APEX says that this spring will make the APEX trigger more crisp by installing it in the sear. Has anyone else installed this heavier trigger spring, and were the end results better than factory along with just the APEX trigger?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't make up my mind on the stiffer spring, it does make a difference, I tried it for a while and went back to the original. My gun is mostly a target gun now, I have another that I carry. Installation is fairly easy, but the hardest part for me is getting the trigger spring installed on the pin that holds the trigger. I use a bamboo shish kabob stick as a guide. One other note, from my mistake, be careful when removing the forward block. There is a little spring that holds the take down lever in place...easy to lose.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I asked for videos is due to the APEX sear spring that comes with the APEX trigger. On my other MP I left that spring out and kept the factory sear spring in.
When I installed the APEX sear spring in this current MP APEX trigger install, after putting everything back together the APEX trigger would not fire. It reset just fine. I put the factory sear spring back in and all is well.
I am wondering why it wouldn't fire with the APEX sear spring? That's why I was wanting to see APEX trigger install videos to see if I did anything wrong.

·
Registered
494 Posts
How old is your M&P? The sear blocks in the early guns had a smaller hole for the sear spring and won't accept the larger diameter, stronger new sear spring. S&W modified the sear block with a larger hole to accept it. Be sure the sear block in the M&P you are working on will take the larger diameter, stronger spring.

Installation videos for all of Apex's products are available on their web site. If you are working on an M&P2.0 look at the M&P45 installation instructions.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How old is your M&P? The sear blocks in the early guns had a smaller hole for the sear spring and won't accept the larger diameter, stronger new sear spring. S&W modified the sear block with a larger hole to accept it. Be sure the sear block in the M&P you are working on will take the larger diameter, stronger spring.

Installation videos for all of Apex's products are available on their web site. If you are working on an M&P2.0 look at the M&P45 installation instructions.
I contacted APEX and spoke to Doug. He said the problem was that I needed to adjust my trigger bar. He suggested that I watch the APEX video on how to do it. I did and it worked like a charm!
BTW, I know about the different sear sizes. My MP was built in 2015 and has the larger sear in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts