MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an apex trigger setup for my M&P 9mm full-size. Have any of you installed this? If so, how does your weapon handle and fire now? I spent over 100.00 for it. When it arrives I'll install it. I'm curious as to what any of you have to say about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Tim!

I left my triggers completely stock. Since my FS M&P40 & 40 Compact are carried for self defense I like the triggers just as they are. If I was involved in competition I'd definitely get an Apex.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I ordered an apex trigger setup for my M&P 9mm full-size. Have any of you installed this? If so, how does your weapon handle and fire now? I spent over 100.00 for it. When it arrives I'll install it. I'm curious as to what any of you have to say about it. Thanks.
Can't live without it, feels like a whole new firearm.

·
Site Staff
9,636 Posts
Welcome!

I moved your post to a more appropriate forum for a technical question.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Of course it depends on which kit you bought, but all the Apex kits are great!

My personal favorite is the FSS Trigger Kit. Very 1911ish in feel and takeup! I put it in my FS .40 Pro Series. I think you'll enjoy it. I don't think I've ever heard anyone regret the decision to install one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my M&P40 full size I had the APEX Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (DCAEK) which was great love it. But I still didn't like the trigger it self. So I got the Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger Kit installed now this trigger was amazing. The best trigger I've ever felt almost like 1911 but not. Anything from APEX is Tier 1 quality and reliability.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just purchased my Apex M&P Aluminum Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit yesterday when my buddy Chester at I-5 guns in Lacey Washington told me if I hurried up, he'd install it all for me in less than 20 minutes. It was a done deal and within the hour from when I called him to check on some unrelated issues I was back at home with my new trigger a sweet little K Rounds OWB Kydex pancake on 1.75" beltloops and a sweet I5Guns sticker for the safe. Good Job Chester.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The Apex trigger kits (especially for the 2.0's) are just amazing, or awesome (the word I use the most). Better than some of my CZ pistols for feel/crispness and reset. I'll say it again, just awesome. I wish more of my SA/DA pistols had triggers that crisp/smooth.

In spite of the Apex trigger kit in the 2.0 5" 9MM the accuracy I wanted wasn't there. So I bought an Apex barrel for it. Had to do a little fitting to make it fit/work. Worth it. That Apex barrel made a noticeable improvement in the group size that pistol shoots.

The cost is about the same for the trigger kit and/or barrel (2.0 model).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts