MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a M&P 2.0 compact. 4" barrel and was looking for a appendix carry holster. Can't seem to find much for the 4" Lots for the 3.5 compact and the shield.

does any one know if the slide dimensions for the shield and the compact are pretty close to the same?

I wouldn't mind reworking a kydex holster some but don't want to remold the whole thing if its not close.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know what kind of holster you prefer but if leather is an option I can tell you I appendix carry that same gun in a High Noon Mr Softy and really like it.

I have both a Shield and a Compact and the appropriate High Noon holsters for each. The slide on my Shield is noticeably narrower than on the Compact. The Shield will fit in the holster for the Compact but it's a loose fit, and the Compact will fit in the holster for the Shield but it won't slide in the whole way so part of the trigger guard is exposed.

Here's my Compact 4" in it's carry position. For me it's very comfortable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went and measured both guns at the widest part of the slide which is directly above the front of the trigger guard. Shield was 0.96 inch and Compact was 1.18 inch. This is actually the frame measurement which is slightly wider than the slide at that point and is the widest part of the top.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We need an IWB appendix carry holster with a belt clip that can be rotated to any angle the users wants. I have appendix carried a J-frame. But with something with a long slide like a M2.0 Compact 4”, or even a Shield, straight up and down won’t work for me. It’s fine when I’m standing, but not so when sitting. I also can’t have a gun pointed at my junk; that just won’t work.

I keep posting this idea enough and one of these holster makers will make it. I just hope its from one of the holster makers that uses leather.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting opinions here. Hard to see how that mr softy would allow a proper grip. Again, Just from the photo.

I don’t think you should look at a holster length specifically to fit smaller guns. For example, I carry a 3.6 2.0 in a 4.25 holster. Why? The extra leverage is ideal if you carry and work carrying a firearm. Though out the past 15 years I’ve settled on a JM custom kydex with discrete carry concepts clips. I’m able to work, drive etc. any task I need while carrying and alway get a proper grip from the draw. Something you should consider. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting opinions here. Hard to see how that mr softy would allow a proper grip. Again, Just from the photo.
You are right in that you can't quickly wrap your whole hand around the grip when drawing from the Mr Softy holster, but I don't feel it interferes with the draw enough to matter. If it slows my draw by 1/2 second I accept that since I think the chance of my needing a lightning fast draw to defend myself is low.

I had tried a different holster from the same company that puts the grip about 1 inch higher in what they call a combat grip. That holster worn in the same position did allow a full wrap of the hand around the grip, and thus a somewhat faster draw. However, because the gun sits higher in the holster it's less secure, and prints more.

As with most things a compromise is needed. You can't have everything so you have to decide which elements are most important to you. The important features will vary from one person to the next.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You are right in that you can't quickly wrap your whole hand around the grip when drawing from the Mr Softy holster, but I don't feel it interferes with the draw enough to matter. If it slows my draw by 1/2 second I accept that since I think the chance of my needing a lightning fast draw to defend myself is low.

I had tried a different holster from the same company that puts the grip about 1 inch higher in what they call a combat grip. That holster worn in the same position did allow a full wrap of the hand around the grip, and thus a somewhat faster draw. However, because the gun sits higher in the holster it's less secure, and prints more.

As with most things a compromise is needed. You can't have everything so you have to decide which elements are most important to you. The important features will vary from one person to the next.

I absolutely agree with that, I personally think you do have to find what works for you and your body type and you’ve clearly used a pragmatic approach when it came to compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is the 4-4.25 version of the AIWB holster I carry my 3.6 in. Really like them and if you might order one, use the discount code "heg87" for 15% off. Good company with solid business ethic.

https://tulster.com/holsters-by-gun-model/smith-wesson/m-p-m2-0-9/

Here is another. Haven't seen one in the flesh, but looks similar to the Tulster. Veteran owned and operated company and slightly less expensive to boot. Amazon has lowest price on these.

https://www.cyasupply.com/collections/cya-supply-co-iwb-holsters-fitting-smith-wesson/products/smith-wesson-m-p-9-40-m2-0-4-compact-iwb-holster-for-concealed-carry?variant=21218173386806

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feed back. Doesn't look like a lot of holsters are made specifically for the 4"Compact.

I believe the Compact and the Standard M&P have the same size slide. Thant may give me a few other options.

I did order a CYA for starters. I may wind up getting a Tier One Axis a little later. Need to call and ask them a few questions first.

https://www.tier1concealed.com/products/axis-elite

Thanks again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I carry my compact in either a Fierce Defender AIWB (without light) or my MIHolsterCo if I am carrying it with a light. And both fit when I am running my full sized slide as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bravo Concealment's torsion iwb is ideal for appendix... situated anywhere else I need to remove the front clip to be comfortable. It is avilable in both 3.4" and 4" (granted, I'm just starting to carry appendix - and carrying anywhere else I run my Vedder.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts