MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas.

Ok I am some what new to the AR department. I went out yesterday to fire a couple rounds, thought I would bring the ol Cav Arms MKII with me.

Loaded up the mags, poped one in, racked the charging handle pushed release fired first shot, second pull......nothing. Tried everything I could but to no avail. Like I said I am new and havent dug too deep into them, and really dont want to tear through it without knowing the basics.

I was using wolf ammo that came with it. I was told it could be the ammo, but also the gas tube etc etc etc.

If anyone has any trouble shooting tips feel free to let me know. I am lost with my "SINGLE SHOT AR"......LOL

Thanks for listning to me wine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Okay, I'm not sure I understand what happened. Did it cycle the first round out and chamber the second round or what? It could be any number of things here. It could be the gas tube, your gas carrier key or just about anything else. Tell us exactly what happened.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Yeah, I'm with GYates here; we don't have enough information to go on.

I'm guessing by your subject line it fired the first shot and failed to feed the second round? Was the empty case for the first round still in the upper somewhere or was it ejected properly?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I think Kris has a single shot AR, in which he has to charge the weapon every time in order to fire the weapon. Normally I would say gas tube, but a buddy mine has a Bushmaster that litteraly hates Wolk ammo. His AR will, not fire, when it does its hot. Have you tried differnt ammo? How about a magazine, what type are you using? Have you inspected the gas tube for damage? I'll PM my cell# so you can call me tonight.

Morgan

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morgan Walker said:
I think Kris has a single shot AR, in which he has to charge the weapon every time in order to fire the weapon. Normally I would say gas tube, but a buddy mine has a Bushmaster that litteraly hates Wolk ammo. His AR will, not fire, when it does its hot. Have you tried differnt ammo? How about a magazine, what type are you using? Have you inspected the gas tube for damage? I'll PM my cell# so you can call me tonight.

Morgan

Your exactly right Morgan. Will not eject first round, and will not follow up. I have to rack the charging handle every time. I have DPMS 30 rnds mags for it. What would be a few quality mags to go with?

I e mailed Cavalry Arms they said to call them today and they will try to guide me through it. If I dont get anywhere with them buddy, I will give you a call for sure, my AR is sick and I feel so bad for her.....LMAO Also the guy I got it from is going to drop off a couple hundred rounds WWB for me to cycle through it.

I will put your number in my cell phone for future refference. Thanks Morgan :wink:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
could be the gas port not lined up with the gas block. Could be a fouled tube

could be a tube not mating to the carrier key properly.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
Wolf ammo doesn't work in all AR's, it will work fine in most, but not all. Wolf 223 is on the low end of the power scale. I've shot several hundred rounds of Wolf through one of my AR's, it works fine in mine, so I'm lucky is will work on the cheaper stuff.

The rule of thumb on Wolf is to try it, if it works...fine, if it doesn't...move on to something else. The first thing you need to do is to try different kinds of ammo to find out what works in YOUR rifle. If you are having trouble with a number of different kinds of ammo, then look at the rifle as the possible cause.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G56 said:
Wolf ammo doesn't work in all AR's, it will work fine in most, but not all. Wolf 223 is on the low end of the power scale. I've shot several hundred rounds of Wolf through one of my AR's, it works fine in mine, so I'm lucky is will work on the cheaper stuff.

The rule of thumb on Wolf is to try it, if it works...fine, if it doesn't...move on to something else. The first thing you need to do is to try different kinds of ammo to find out what works in YOUR rifle. If you are having trouble with a number of different kinds of ammo, then look at the rifle as the possible cause.

Thanks G56! The buddy that gave it to me said he is going to drop off some WWB's for it. I will try that, and a new mag, if that doesnt work......well I guess I will start learnin g how to take her down even further. Thanks again brother!

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
The WWB will probably work, but it is also on the light side of the 223 loads, just keep in mind that if they don't work right, try something else.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G56 said:
The WWB will probably work, but it is also on the light side of the 223 loads, just keep in mind that if they don't work right, try something else.

I sure hope so, I will give them a shot. Thanks again G56!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
99% of the time there is absolutely nothing wrong with the gas tube. Unfortunately this is one of those internet troubleshooting tips that I've never seen materialize in real life. I've seen ARs with tens of thousands of rounds through them and never seen a gas tube go bad.

finalfusion - Do this test for me. Load one round into your magazine, insert it and chamber it. Then fire it and tell me if the bolt locks back. My guess is it isn't locking back because Wolf doesn't have enough horsepower to cycle your AR. Please answer these questions as well:

- What weight buffer are you running? Standard, H, H2?

- Do you have any other magazines you can try?

- Is you AR new?

- Who built the upper and what parts were used?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
m4arc said:
99% of the time there is absolutely nothing wrong with the gas tube. Unfortunately this is one of those internet troubleshooting tips that I've never seen materialize in real life. I've seen ARs with tens of thousands of rounds through them and never seen a gas tube go bad.

finalfusion - Do this test for me. Load one round into your magazine, insert it and chamber it. Then fire it and tell me if the bolt locks back. My guess is it isn't locking back because Wolf doesn't have enough horsepower to cycle your AR. Please answer these questions as well:

- What weight buffer are you running? Standard, H, H2?

- Do you have any other magazines you can try?

- Is you AR new?

- Who built the upper and what parts were used?

M4arc, Whats up buddy!!!

I will be taking her out again hopefully next weekend, I live in phoenix so it probably wouldnt be a smart thing to fire it off in my backyard like alot of you lucky folk....lol Thats one of the reason I want to move up to WA state, my wife's father has hundreds of acres just for me and our guns....lol

Anyway I am starting to ramble here.

I will do a step by step of the tips you suggested. I am using DPMS mags with cheap Wolf Ammo. I will have to get back to you on the buffer weight. It is manufactured by Cavalry Arms here in Az. Its all stock accept for the new YHM I just got for it. I will have to get into the manual and see if I can find the info for you.

Thanks M4arc and all that have replyed to my issue!! Its amazing how freindly you guys are here. Got alot of respect for you guys!!!!

Kris :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Morgan Walker said:
m4arc has great advice Kris, I think you need to follow his instructions... I have been in the Army for 19 years, went from a M16A1, M16A2 and now a M4, and I have no idea what buffer I have H, or H2...I thought about an H3, but they only have a 5 cylinder, not enough to pull my trailer...
Wow, too much Knob Creek tonight, I crack myself up...

Ha Ha......you crack me up brother.....ha

Yeah M4arc is a cool dude, and really seems to know his stuff! Not enough to pull your trailor.....LMAO And damn your lucky to have the experience enough to graduate each rifle like that, then again its not luck, you guys risk your lives for your family and fellow americans, and very well deserve it all! Here I am getting all emotional, please guys dont tell my buddy's, might tarnish my image....he

Alright brother, talk at ya later, and yes I will be following M4arcs advice.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']... Knob Creek tonight...

Mmmmmmmm.
[/quote]

I haved heard about this beast called "knob Creek" Heard it puts the hurt on real nice like.....lol Never tried it, my uncles raised me on the Ol Wild Turkey, now that stuff hurts.....lmao

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
NO-NO-NO! Knob Creek starts on Friday and runs through Sunday! No hangover, just full auto withdrawal afterwards.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts