MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
For the price they probably are a good deal but like they specify they won't win any beauty contest.

I've dealt with Jeff & John for years and they're good guys so I wouldn't worry too much. Just remember that it's a $550 AR and not a $1200 one so be aware of that when you hit the button.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
cmmg is ok stuff. Just remember "you get what you pay for... more importantly you don't get what you didn't pay for!"

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
coltman1985 said:
cmmg is ok stuff. Just remember "you get what you pay for... more importantly you don't get what you didn't pay for!"

+1

I'd say you can pick one up and have the rifle, and if anything is majorly wrong, you can always replace it (the part).

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
With that price and the size of the round the unexpected outweigh the price.. you could spend an extra 250.00 and get a decent brand new ar..IMHO

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
With that price and the size of the round the unexpected outweigh the price.. you could spend an extra 250.00 and get a decent brand new ar..IMHO

Yea, but not everyone wants to save up money to get something new! Damn, 101, think like a liberal for once!

He does have a point, though. Determine what you really want this rifle for and then we can better advise you on your purchase.

·
Registered
910 Posts
coltman1985 said:
cmmg is ok stuff.

Agreed, but you probably won't even end up with a CMMG gun. As mentioned on that page, "Lowers are a mix of manufactures and include CMMG, DPMS, Oly, Doublestar, EA and maybe others."

I'd rather not risk getting a DPMS or Olympic Arms lower. I'd rather go with a new Del-ton kit, or buy stuff individually off the EE over at arfcom and build my own for about the same price. With Del-ton kits you know what you're getting and get a warranty. With buying off EE you at least know what you're getting. Bucket of rifles is a gamble all across.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can get a brand new DPMS Panther Lite from Atlantic Firearms for $660..or a brand new Olympic A-1 for only $599 if you're looking for a plinker. That way you have a new gun, with warranty

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know alot of individuals who have purchased these from the local gun shows around the area, and I have yet to shoot/ hear of one of these that has had any issues. I have seen these guns in person, and I don't know why the beauty contest comment is in there they all looked acceptable to me. A DPMS lower is pretty good, heck any lower is pretty similar except the trigger...the upper is where the real differences are seen. Go for it...John and Jeff are GREAT individuals, and are willing to help you out whenever possible. It seemed like the majority of these guns are bushmaster....I didn't say this but CMMG may be coming out with a NEW rifle under a new rollmark for the bargain market at around 600...you may want to hold out for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts