MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i'm down to weeks before I purchase my first AR. This gun will stand guard by the bed,ride in truck behind the seat and shoot side matches at IDPA shoots at my range. Putting some type red dot on top for optics. My question is do I need the 15T as I plan on keeping this weapon basic as stated above,or would the 15A be my better choice. Thoughts please.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
15A, save the cash for some nice optics...

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I believe the 15A will do anything you want to do with it, and you would have some money left for optics or ammo.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just sent Grant email. hope to do M&P15A deal in the morning.Gona have him put a single point sling on it and ship it to daddy wooooohoooo. now what optics? I'm thinking aimpoint or echotec

·
Registered
648 Posts
tigs40cal said:
Just sent Grant email. hope to do M&P15A deal in the morning.Gona have him put a single point sling on it and ship it to daddy wooooohoooo. now what optics? I'm thinking aimpoint or echotec

The Aimpoint C3 is a really good value IMHO. It gives you similar capabilities as the ML3, but without the cost.

C4

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I agree you cant go wrong with Aimpoint, or EOTech, with the money you saved I would personally go with EOTech. I currently have an M2 with a 3X magnifier and love it, but when I put my EOTech 551 on, look out; I cant miss with it...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I'm lost. Too much to choose from.
please advise on which sling to use. As I've said I will shoot this gun in side matches at IDPA shoots on our range. Some stages I will shoot both AR and pistol in same COF, so I'll need to swap from AR to pistol and back some times. What sling is best for this? Single ,two point ect.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
As far as slings go, my favorite by a landslide is the BFG/Vickers Combat Sling

In my opinion, and I've spend hundreds of dollars on dozens of slings over the years, the Vickers sling is head and shoulders above the rest. In fact I run them on all my ARs and my AKs now.

Grant sells them so if you're getting your M&P15 from him you might as well get the sling at the same time.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks m4arc, I think this is the way I'll go. Does this sling use the factory mounts or is there more stuff to buy?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
tigs40cal said:
Thanks m4arc, I think this is the way I'll go. Does this sling use the factory mounts or is there more stuff to buy?

If your M&P15 comes with a side-sling adapter then you're good to go. Like the sling, Grant should be able to get you set up even if your new carbine doesn't have a side sling mount.

·
Registered
648 Posts
tigs40cal said:
Ok I'm lost. Too much to choose from.
please advise on which sling to use. As I've said I will shoot this gun in side matches at IDPA shoots on our range. Some stages I will shoot both AR and pistol in same COF, so I'll need to swap from AR to pistol and back some times. What sling is best for this? Single ,two point ect.

Vickers two point is the best IMHO.

C4

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks every one for all the input. The deal is done Grant says it will ship monday. Now taking donations so when the wife finds out I can still sleep inside

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Now you need a real trigger in there, trust me...

:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts