MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious. I am in the market for a M&P and would be inclined to leave the trigger alone if like on other guns, it smooths out in time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mine was smooth right out of the box but the reset is very light and the "double reset" is annoying. I've left mine alone so far but eventually I might have to have the double reset cleaned up. Other than that I could probably live with it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
choochboost said:
Two! But technically only in possession of one.

I see. The other one no doubt got lost in that pompadour of his.

(I'm just jealous. Not only do I not have a pompadour. I have no hair.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been very satisfied with the trigger on mine. I have two - .40 full size and 9 compact. I've only shot the compact. For the time being I plan on leaving well enough alone, but might be tempted to send it off for a trigger job to see what the difference would be.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K-Man said:
I've been very satisfied with the trigger on mine. I have two - .40 full size and 9 compact. I've only shot the compact. For the time being I plan on leaving well enough alone, but might be tempted to send it off for a trigger job to see what the difference would be.

Kevin, is that you?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am very satisfied with mine. It has drastically smoothed out after a few hundred rounds/dry fires. The reset is also not an issue for me because I allow the trigger to travel through its full reset on my follow on shots.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kraigster414, if you are asking if this is Kevin from K&D Holsters, yes it is
. I am very glad that he is one of the sponsors here!!

Ron

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ront said:
Kraigster414, if you are asking if this is Kevin from K&D Holsters, yes it is
. I am very glad that he is one of the sponsors here!!

Ron

Kevin and I go back to my Keltec days. I am glad he is a sponsor here. Top notch guy who makes a top notch holster.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
My 40c smoothed up tremendously just from a decent lube job, 300 rounds and some dry fire. Adding one of Dan's radiused FTBs did the rest!

I'm very happy with the trigger in this pistol.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think the stock trigger is very good. I was very pleased with it compared to my Glocks. Smooth with a nice easy break. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
CCW trigger should not be too light...

I've never had a problem with the trigger on my full sized 40 or my 9mm compact. If you are considering carrying a MP for ccw, I would not consider lightening the trigger. A very light trigger with no external safety could easily get you or someone else shot.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts