MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if there was anyone who has found a laser (pref green but red if avail). I keep running into dead ends. I thought the Shield would fit, but I emailed ArmaLaser, because I thought since they make the one for the shield it'd work for the Shield Plus. The rep from Armalaser replied that it does not work with the Shield Plus.

Anyone know of any makers currently with Shield Plus red or green laser attachments?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really want one in green, and the flashlight to me is somewhat cheesy... kinda a "here's a target for you to shoot before I get ya" kinda thing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have an ArmaLaser TR-4G with the green laser on my Shield Plus. Fits perfect and I carry it in a Crossbreed IWB or OWB holster. I have Crimson Trace on my other carry guns, but I actually prefer the ArmaLaser because of the instant activation & it's half the price of the CT lasers.

TR4G GREEN Laser for S&W Shield-TR4G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an ArmaLaser TR-4G with the green laser on my Shield Plus. Fits perfect and I carry it in a Crossbreed IWB or OWB holster. I have Crimson Trace on my other carry guns, but I actually prefer the ArmaLaser because of the instant activation & it's half the price of the CT lasers.

TR4G GREEN Laser for S&W Shield-TR4G
Any chance you could take close-up pictures of the fit? I don't mean to question, I'm just concerned because when I contacted ArmaLaser twice after several users reported it fits, their customer service told me adamantly that it does not fit.. so trying to save myself an order and return if it's just a "kinda fit"

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have a Shield Plus yet, but I have read everything I can find about them and it all says that the only dimension that as changed is the grip area, and that is very slight. Holsters are interchangeable so if there was any dimension change in the front of the trigger guard, it would not fit on the holsters. If I really wanted a laser for that pistol I would take the chance.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Any chance you could take close-up pictures of the fit? I don't mean to question, I'm just concerned because when I contacted ArmaLaser twice after several users reported it fits, their customer service told me adamantly that it does not fit.. so trying to save myself an order and return if it's just a "kinda fit"

Thanks!

I'll do that later today. I also contacted ArmaLaser before purchase and was told it would fit, which it does. It's a tight fit and was obviously made for the gun. I have shot about 300 rounds through it and the laser has not needed to be rezeroed.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Here are some photos of my Shield Plus and the ArmaLaser TR-4
Auto part Gun accessory Metal Composite material Titanium

Trigger Material property Bicycle part Revolver Font

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
582 Posts
Can't beat the price at $148 for a green laser. Just take your time on installation, it's a tight fit. I did a preliminary adjustment using the iron sights as a reference before taking it to the range. Move the adjustment screws just a tiny bit at a time...doesn't take much movement to move the dot. Remember to move the dot towards the bullet impact point on the target when shooting at the range. I started at 3 yards and gradually got it zeroed at 10 yards. Have fun.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drop Slide OWB
Your responses have provided more tips and tricks for this new gun than all the forums combined that I've been able to find. I first bought an OWB (I'm in nevada waiting the 120 day period for my CCW to issue - we're a bit behind AZ as we have a fool running the state - hopefully next election we'll get leadership that pushes Constitutional Carry)... have you found a OWB that will accomodate the laser and also has a button lock\release?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts