MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good Luck ! I hope it works out for you. I’m still shaking my head why their site isn’t more positive with it’s listings. The last time I messaged them, they stated that they thought the Shield Plus was based on the Shield 45, and not the Shield 9, but I don’t believe that’s true. I actually sent them some photos of the TR4G installed on my Shield Plus, but never heard back and nothings changed on their site. Maybe they know/see something I don’t, but I sure don’t know what it could be. Mine fits exactly like the TR4G on my Shield 40. Where did your 1st one cause problems? You have to install exactly as detailed in the instructions and it fits snuggly in all locations and can’t move.
Just ordered it. I tried ordering it from Amazon this time. Last time I ordered from an amazon seller, (not Armalaser the last time). I'm wondering if I may have gotten one someone ordered the wrong one and tried to force it and then realized it didn't work and that's why I had the slightly off fit. Either way, ordered direct through the Armalaser store on Amazon this time.

I'm in the West so they quote 2-3 days to ship then the time it takes to get from coast to almost coast, lol. I'll update in a couple weeks when the donkey gets here with my delivery :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
When I installed mine I wasn't sure it was going to fit because it was so tight. I removed the slide to get a better grip on the frame and tried a few different angles when lining up the sight on the trigger guard. It still went on very tight, but once on the gun the 2 pieces lined up perfectly. You might try using a mixture of dish washing soap and water and applying it sparingly on the trigger guard to aid in getting it to fit on the trigger guard.

I would rather have it fit real tight than loose. Since I first mounted it I haven't had to re-zero it at all. I have done one battery change since new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When I installed mine I wasn't sure it was going to fit because it was so tight. I removed the slide to get a better grip on the frame and tried a few different angles when lining up the sight on the trigger guard. It still went on very tight, but once on the gun the 2 pieces lined up perfectly. You might try using a mixture of dish washing soap and water and applying it sparingly on the trigger guard to aid in getting it to fit on the trigger guard.

I would rather have it fit real tight than loose. Since I first mounted it I haven't had to re-zero it at all. I have done one battery change since new.
So I am pleased to report that I am a HAPPY CUSTOMER!

I'm not sure if the one I got the first time wasn't the right one or I didn't install it correctly, but this one went on and fits like a glove. I tightened it down and popped in the laser bullet (which is by no means super accurate) and recorded this shot.. so pretty close to accurate (that's within 3 inches it's a small target) from 15 feet.

So out of the box I have confidence in it, and will take it to the range to make sure I adjust it so the shots are landing where the. green dot is.

Rangpur Fruit Citrus Art Natural foods

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good the hear! Just remember when sighting in...move the dot to the impact hole. Turn the wrench just a tiny bit at a time. I also put a small piece of red tape on my allen wrench in case I dropped it....makes it easier to find. Check your battery cover screw for tightness after your range session...mine had loosened up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Crimson Trace has them, it's the same one as the Shield 1.0/Shield 2.0 laser or light/laser...

Or at least I believe they will fit, I will know soon, I plan to pull my LL-801 off of my Shield 1.0 and putting it onto the Plus...

The Crimson Trace numbers are LG-489 or LG-489G, that is just the laser...
The light/laser one is LL-801 or LL-801G...

Of course, the G is for Green...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Luck ! I hope it works out for you. I’m still shaking my head why their site isn’t more positive with it’s listings. The last time I messaged them, they stated that they thought the Shield Plus was based on the Shield 45, and not the Shield 9, but I don’t believe that’s true. I actually sent them some photos of the TR4G installed on my Shield Plus, but never heard back and nothings changed on their site. Maybe they know/see something I don’t, but I sure don’t know what it could be. Mine fits exactly like the TR4G on my Shield 40. Where did your 1st one cause problems? You have to install exactly as detailed in the instructions and it fits snuggly in all locations and can’t move.
I ordered a TR4G and received a TR4G with the right half (battery cover side) from a TR6G, since it was through a third party, "AMAZINGLY" the return shipping is on me. They did offer to send the proper piece but it was package loose and it seems like it was a used/return item. Leaves a bad taste for $150.00 plus.
I will wait for CT to offer a green for my Shield plus. Love CT's (I own 5) and I love my Shields!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crimson Trace has them, it's the same one as the Shield 1.0/Shield 2.0 laser or light/laser...

Or at least I believe they will fit, I will know soon, I plan to pull my LL-801 off of my Shield 1.0 and putting it onto the Plus...

The Crimson Trace numbers are LG-489 or LG-489G, that is just the laser...
The light/laser one is LL-801 or LL-801G...

Of course, the G is for Green...
I did not think of it, I'll pull one of my Shield 40 and try the fit on my Shield plus, will update as soon as I can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a TR4G and received a TR4G with the right half (battery cover side) from a TR6G, since it was through a third party, "AMAZINGLY" the return shipping is on me. They did offer to send the proper piece but it was package loose and it seems like it was a used/return item. Leaves a bad taste for $150.00 plus.
I will wait for CT to offer a green for my Shield plus. Love CT's (I own 5) and I love my Shields!
Wow ! Who was the 3rd party? Sounds like somebody to avoid.
Craig
BTW - I own several Crimson Trace products as well, and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Interesting, today I got a message from Armalaser saying some of the packaged components they sent out via Amazon had some issues, and were sent the wrong side, and as a result they were checking in to make sure mine was working ok. That's pretty impressive customer service. The first one I got must have had that issue, but the second I got is perfect. I actually went to the range today. The guy in the lane next to me was shooting a shotgun so there was more smoke in the air than usually at the range, and let me tell you, shooting a green laser at the range when there's smoke in the air is about the coolest thing ever!

·
Registered
585 Posts
See my photos on the first page, Post #8. The TR-4G fits the Shield Plus perfectly. It's been available for about the last 9 months. Suggest you show your chat buddy tawk.to the photos and get him educated on what he is supposed to know all ready.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE:

We will have the TR40 available for the Shield Plus in the middle to end of August.

Best Regards,
ArmaLaser Customer Care
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST

21 - 36 of 36 Posts