MP-Pistol Forum banner

Are there any Shield Plus Lasers Available Yet?

18K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  M1A4ME 
#1 ·
I'm curious if there was anyone who has found a laser (pref green but red if avail). I keep running into dead ends. I thought the Shield would fit, but I emailed ArmaLaser, because I thought since they make the one for the shield it'd work for the Shield Plus. The rep from Armalaser replied that it does not work with the Shield Plus.

Anyone know of any makers currently with Shield Plus red or green laser attachments?

#4 ·
I have an ArmaLaser TR-4G with the green laser on my Shield Plus. Fits perfect and I carry it in a Crossbreed IWB or OWB holster. I have Crimson Trace on my other carry guns, but I actually prefer the ArmaLaser because of the instant activation & it's half the price of the CT lasers.

TR4G GREEN Laser for S&W Shield-TR4G

#5 ·
Any chance you could take close-up pictures of the fit? I don't mean to question, I'm just concerned because when I contacted ArmaLaser twice after several users reported it fits, their customer service told me adamantly that it does not fit.. so trying to save myself an order and return if it's just a "kinda fit"

Thanks!

#6 ·
I don't have a Shield Plus yet, but I have read everything I can find about them and it all says that the only dimension that as changed is the grip area, and that is very slight. Holsters are interchangeable so if there was any dimension change in the front of the trigger guard, it would not fit on the holsters. If I really wanted a laser for that pistol I would take the chance.

#8 ·
Here are some photos of my Shield Plus and the ArmaLaser TR-4
Auto part Gun accessory Metal Composite material Titanium

Trigger Material property Bicycle part Revolver Font

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

#10 ·
Can't beat the price at $148 for a green laser. Just take your time on installation, it's a tight fit. I did a preliminary adjustment using the iron sights as a reference before taking it to the range. Move the adjustment screws just a tiny bit at a time...doesn't take much movement to move the dot. Remember to move the dot towards the bullet impact point on the target when shooting at the range. I started at 3 yards and gradually got it zeroed at 10 yards. Have fun.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Drop Slide OWB
Your responses have provided more tips and tricks for this new gun than all the forums combined that I've been able to find. I first bought an OWB (I'm in nevada waiting the 120 day period for my CCW to issue - we're a bit behind AZ as we have a fool running the state - hopefully next election we'll get leadership that pushes Constitutional Carry)... have you found a OWB that will accomodate the laser and also has a button lock\release?

#14 · (Edited)
I assume it is harder to find Shied Plus nowadays because there are more new laser guns on the market. I use Armalaser, and I am satisfied with its power and other cool things. My friend is a professional hunter, and he told me that Shield Plus is only produced in some countries. I guess you could search for them online. I have once read on ballachy.com that we have to choose what best suits us. Perhaps you will find the gun you want to work with if you search deeper on the internet. Good luck!!

#15 ·
Yeah. I tried the TG4 but it wasn't a perfect fit, and since there are so few options, it's hard to find a holster selection (they exist but few) that work with a laser. I'm kinda stuck, for EDC the shield plus no laser works great, so any suggestion of a nice home defense low cost\reliable addition to use that has integrated green dot?

#17 ·
FWIW - My experience was the same as Arizona Smithshooter’s. My Armalaser TR4G fit perfectly on my new SP. bella9218 - Is your SP a 4” or 3.1” version? Mine is the 3.1” version and I’m wondering if the fitment issue is related to the SP model.
craig
Hmm, mine is just the standard non-modd'd S&W Shield Plus 9mm ... I believe that's a 3.1 right?

I'm almost wondering if I got a bad one.. it didn't seem like the quality was what I would have expected for a $150 cat toy. LOL

#18 ·
I actually have two of them. They’re both very high quality pieces that solidly attach to the finger guard. Both are identical to the one pictured by Arizona Smithshooter. I used some micrometers to measure the finger guards on my Shield 40 vs. my Shield + and couldn’t find any difference. I also contacted Armalaser several times and never got a good solid answer. The only explanation I can think of is maybe they have several molds and there’s a variance between them. It’s a shame yours didn’t fit, because I believe they’re a high quality piece, and they’re made in the US. I saw them on sale over the holidays for $128 and free shipping and it’s hard to beat that deal. Good Luck with your search.
craig

#19 ·
I'm going to re-order I think. With your comments and the other couple, I'm thinking I got a defective one. When I reached out to Armalaser, their support said they do NOT offer one that works, but the reviews all say it works... Maybe since they have to test them on a model by model, they don't officially support it until they have tested it? We're such a sue-happy society it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't let anything touch my gun unless it's made in America.. If you were a foreign superpower and wanted to mess with America you'd make a bunch of add-ons for weapons that took away from the reliability of said weapons. So I stick with American-made for things my life depends on.. :)

I'm going to re-order it and try again. Thanks for the boost in confidence to lead me to give it another shot.

I'll update once I order it and get it and try it out again.

#20 ·
Good Luck ! I hope it works out for you. I’m still shaking my head why their site isn’t more positive with it’s listings. The last time I messaged them, they stated that they thought the Shield Plus was based on the Shield 45, and not the Shield 9, but I don’t believe that’s true. I actually sent them some photos of the TR4G installed on my Shield Plus, but never heard back and nothings changed on their site. Maybe they know/see something I don’t, but I sure don’t know what it could be. Mine fits exactly like the TR4G on my Shield 40. Where did your 1st one cause problems? You have to install exactly as detailed in the instructions and it fits snuggly in all locations and can’t move.

#21 ·
Just ordered it. I tried ordering it from Amazon this time. Last time I ordered from an amazon seller, (not Armalaser the last time). I'm wondering if I may have gotten one someone ordered the wrong one and tried to force it and then realized it didn't work and that's why I had the slightly off fit. Either way, ordered direct through the Armalaser store on Amazon this time.

I'm in the West so they quote 2-3 days to ship then the time it takes to get from coast to almost coast, lol. I'll update in a couple weeks when the donkey gets here with my delivery :)

#22 ·
When I installed mine I wasn't sure it was going to fit because it was so tight. I removed the slide to get a better grip on the frame and tried a few different angles when lining up the sight on the trigger guard. It still went on very tight, but once on the gun the 2 pieces lined up perfectly. You might try using a mixture of dish washing soap and water and applying it sparingly on the trigger guard to aid in getting it to fit on the trigger guard.

I would rather have it fit real tight than loose. Since I first mounted it I haven't had to re-zero it at all. I have done one battery change since new.

#23 ·
When I installed mine I wasn't sure it was going to fit because it was so tight. I removed the slide to get a better grip on the frame and tried a few different angles when lining up the sight on the trigger guard. It still went on very tight, but once on the gun the 2 pieces lined up perfectly. You might try using a mixture of dish washing soap and water and applying it sparingly on the trigger guard to aid in getting it to fit on the trigger guard.

I would rather have it fit real tight than loose. Since I first mounted it I haven't had to re-zero it at all. I have done one battery change since new.
So I am pleased to report that I am a HAPPY CUSTOMER!

I'm not sure if the one I got the first time wasn't the right one or I didn't install it correctly, but this one went on and fits like a glove. I tightened it down and popped in the laser bullet (which is by no means super accurate) and recorded this shot.. so pretty close to accurate (that's within 3 inches it's a small target) from 15 feet.

So out of the box I have confidence in it, and will take it to the range to make sure I adjust it so the shots are landing where the. green dot is.

Rangpur Fruit Citrus Art Natural foods

#24 ·
Good the hear! Just remember when sighting in...move the dot to the impact hole. Turn the wrench just a tiny bit at a time. I also put a small piece of red tape on my allen wrench in case I dropped it....makes it easier to find. Check your battery cover screw for tightness after your range session...mine had loosened up.

#26 ·
Crimson Trace has them, it's the same one as the Shield 1.0/Shield 2.0 laser or light/laser...

Or at least I believe they will fit, I will know soon, I plan to pull my LL-801 off of my Shield 1.0 and putting it onto the Plus...

The Crimson Trace numbers are LG-489 or LG-489G, that is just the laser...
The light/laser one is LL-801 or LL-801G...

Of course, the G is for Green...

#33 ·
See my photos on the first page, Post #8. The TR-4G fits the Shield Plus perfectly. It's been available for about the last 9 months. Suggest you show your chat buddy tawk.to the photos and get him educated on what he is supposed to know all ready.

#37 ·
UPDATE #2
I contacted them today (31Aug22) and they’re now saying that the TR40 won’t be available until the end of November. I still don’t understand why they believe the TR4 won’t fit, because it sure fits perfectly on my plus and S&W says that the plus is identical to the earlier shields forward of the grip.
Craig

#38 ·
Update #3
FYI - The Armalaser TR40 (Red) and TR40G (Green) lasers designed specifically for the Shield Plus are now available on Amazon at the Armalaser store. Armalaser reports that they tightened the fit at the front portion of the lower housing and modified the contour of the laser‘s finger section near the grip for the new TR40 vs. the TR4. My order has already arrived (see below), so I’ll let you know how the new laser fits when I get a few minutes to install.
Craig

Liquid Cosmetics Carton Packaging and labeling Font

#44 ·
Don't remember the brand.

It's a combo laser/light from my Shield 1.0 I put on the Shield Plus to see how it fit/looked before ordering a TLR6 for the Shield Plus.

It's a pale green light with a red laser. Lasermax my poor memory seems to be telling me.

Fits/looks like it was made for the Shield Plus.

With the Holoson on the Shield Plus I didn't feel the need for a laser so I bought the TLR6 for it.