• Ambidextrous

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which hand is your dominate hand?

admin i see options i didnt enter can you fix?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
fixed, The poll report on the portal was screwing things up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm amazed at the high percentage of southpaws here. Or perhaps lefties are more inclined to take part in polls?

---- Lefties are the only people in their "Right minds"
----

Think about that one!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Or its that the M&P supports leftys more than others.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think Joker is right. One of the reasons I leaned towards the M&P was that it is ambi out of the box. That wasn't the only reason, of course, but it did play a role.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm Righ handed, but my 3 year old Son is showing signs of being Left handed, I need firearms that are Ambi from the Get-Go!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm kind of ambi

When I was a kid mom broke me of drawing left-handed - I think she thought the nuns would do their ruler bit when I got to school.

So I write, throw, shoot right-handed but I'm left eye dominant.

I found I shoot well left-handed and have toyed with the idea of playing around with a left hand holster. With my M&P having an ambi release I may try it with a cheap holster.

I found I favor my left hand on a lot of tasks. For instance I don't bother shifting my knife to right hand to cut meat at a meal.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Right handed, but can shoot fine ambi with rifles or pistols. Left eye dominant as well, but have trained my right eye so I can shoulder with my right shoulder with rifles as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm right handed, but I can shoot with either. When I shoot left, I aim with my left eye, when I shoot right I shoot with my dominant eye (right). When I eat, I keep the knife in my right but I eat with my left fork... I don't switch the fork back and forth.

When I shoot with a gun in each hand, I use a different eye for each gun. I shoot rifles ambidextriously. The same with paintball guns (to cut down on my target size).

MI_Jester

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm right handed, but shoot guns and archery left handed...it just feels more natural. Aparently I used to be ambidextrous, but broke myself of in early on because everyone else in my elementary school class was right handed...I thought it was wierd, I guess.

I haven't tried shooting anything right handed...but would like to see if I'm any good at it. As far as those gun-video games are concerned, I can switch around from left to right...so I'm not sure how that will translate over to the real deal, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I shoot right and can shoot lefty if needed, but my oldest daughter shoots (very well) ambidextrious. She sure didnt get those genes from me

·
Registered
73 Posts
Right handed, left eye dominant which allows me to fire pistols well, but rifles not so well, until I started firing left handed. The only rifle I fire on a frequent basis is the M16A2 (I am in the Guard) and just came back from the range fully qualified but not expert. The last time I q'd on the M9, I scored expert. Thanks for asking

·
Registered
28 Posts
Right handed, left eyed. I shoot my camera left eyed too, but when I was a kid on the farm I would shoot the rifle right eyed, now I'm more comfortable using the left eye due to shooting with the camera.

·
Registered
154 Posts
lefty.

switching the mag release was my first modification ever. I was so proud of myself.

left eye is frustraiting for photography because cameras are ergonomically set up for right-eyed folks. moving the camera those 2 inches to the left means that your right eye is now blocked by the back of your hand and your nose is pushing up against the back of the camera.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Left handed, left eyed and shoot to the 4 o'clock, whether it be my M&P or .44 Redhawk or my son's Desert Eagle. But, I bat and swing a golf club right handed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts